Two New Race Tracks

KC11

http://www.americanventuremagazine.com/news.php?newsid=2171[/url]

New Race Track to be built in Monroe Louisiana.

http://lded.state.la.us/businesswire-archi...l-speedway.aspx]

New track to be built in Kentwood Louisiana.

Hope these are for real

"The speedway will feature 45 weekends of racing a year and serve as a venue for a variety of events, including concerts and open-air markets."

That is a quote about the Monroe speedway.

Kirby,

There is also a rumor of a 3/8 mile asphalt track being built a few miles from Texas Motor Speedway, NO NOT THE Lewisville track this is a different track alltogeather. Still saying the Lewisville Deal is going to be ready to somke races next year or thats what we are being told up here in Fort Worth.

Anyways what im getting at between TX, LA, OK and New Mexico we could have a hell of a Late Model Touring Series in a few years.

J.C Umscheid

It sure would be, but I've quit holding my breath. I'll be one of the first in line if it happens though. I don't know that much about building a track, but from what I've heard they haven't started yet and I would think any plans for next season would be questionable.

• 8 months later...
Kirby,

There is also a rumor of a 3/8 mile asphalt track being built a few miles from Texas Motor Speedway, NO NOT THE Lewisville track this is a different track alltogeather. Still saying the Lewisville Deal is going to be ready to somke races next year or thats what we are being told up here in Fort Worth.

Anyways what im getting at between TX, LA, OK and New Mexico we could have a hell of a Late Model Touring Series in a few years.

J.C Umscheid

So does anybody have any updates on this asphalt track being built in the Texas Motor Speedway area?

i stoped work on makin my car a tsrs and have started to go crate. many race tracks to choose from was too tempting. some one needs to put a central late model series together.rules that will let east cars come like hmp /asa...http://www.monroemotorspeedway.com/

There's just a field next to TMS at this point....BUT if a short track was to be built, it would be the same distance from my shop as it is to Devil's Bowl.

At $5 / gallon for diesel, that would be GREAT !!!

Jay

• 2 years later...

I agree with the 1/2 mile comment. 3/8ths is not nearly as exciting to me. Also would like to see it with wide-sweeping, high banked turns so they can keep their speed up. I went to San Antonio a few times before it closed. It was like the cars almost stopped in the center of the turns and drag raced down the straight aways. Nothing wrong with it, just not what I grew up watching.

I would love to see a big yearly late model event here in Texas to bring in the big boys.

Danny

Sure would be nice if someone would steop up and build a big track here in San Antonio. There's been alot of talk about bringing another sports franchise to SA. What about a nice big track to bring some big names in. Make it first class and do the proper marketing would definetely benefit san antonio. Just wishing I guess.

Archived