Doug McBee

kscollier93

COP HERE ARE SOME PICS... HOPE THEY COME OUT...

post-3-1191545413_thumb.jpg

post-3-1191545422_thumb.jpg

NICK COULD YOU PLEASE RESIZE............... COP THAT IS DAVID EVANS CAR IN THE BACK GROUND ....IF THAT THUNDERBIRD WAS STILL RACEN TODAY THOSE TIRES AND OUR MOTORS ..IT WOULD GET IN THE 12 S AT CC AND BLOW THE TRACK RECORD WAY OUT THERE SOMEWHERE AT KYLE ..WE HAD THAT CAR IN THE 14 S AT CC ..HE HAD TIDA LATE MODEL HAND ME DOWN TIRES

maybe thats why nick lost the pic trying to add it to the other two LOL ....ill send it to him today ..its a pic of the car that was stolen.. pat johnson raced it for a couple years ......not only did DOUG lose a truck and tool.s .i lost a spare motor he borrowed ..robert driggers lost an air compresser and some other things aswell ... never got any of that back of course...... dale fatman .told me he got up the next morning and thought doug had already took out to the track .....until he checked doug.s room and found him there and asked where his truck and car were .. . ... a racer in houston noticed that car setting in a parking lot at a motel in houston .and wondered for two weeks who would be stupid enough to leave a racecar there ....so he asked and was told noone knew who left it ...from what doug told me was he had to pay the racer to get it back ...funny thing was noone ever pulled the car cover off to to see what kind of car it was and who it belonged too ..until that racer came along ....sponsor ph numbers all over it .......must have been my spare block that they wanted ..cuz noone in thier right mind would steel a ford pickup ....they dumped the ford car ..lol... im thinking the year this happend was 1986 ..

Well, tghe reunion has come and gone! Gravity took over for some ofg my old classmates. WOW, 30 plus years has done allot to some ofd those folks.

Doug, however wasn't there and I was there for both nights. Maybe next beach to bay we'll see him there. Talk to ya soon.

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (home in CC) :ph34r:

• 4 months later...

Yep the 46 is David Evans and the 14 is Little John Mehnahan who bought the car from Scott Sullivan. What's not in the picture is my car which was probably to the right of the 14. Should be a blue and white #4 or 41 depending on whether I was driving that night or Eric wilson was driving. I also used the 15" rims and pull off tires from the late models like Doug.

That would be '88.

Carlton Eppes

• 3 weeks later...

Archived