Dirt vs. Asphalt

sprintsrule

what do you mean Landlord?

I love drag racing!!!!!I have a Corvette with a molly cage sitting in the shop that will never be sold.I cut my teeth in racing at Chenault dragway in Lake Charles,La.in 1976.I did'nt start circle track racing until 1993.From my experiences,noone in my class at the drag strip would give out anything(especially not racing tricks/secrets)Don't get me wrong I met and still have a few good friends that dragrace that would help me do anything in the world.From my circle track(dirt and pavement)experiences I have had complete strangers offer anything and everything to keep us on the track including set-up tricks to get the car to handle so we could be competetive.(a complete Allison frame was give to me just last year by Mr.Jack Kelly at HMP and the man had never met me in his life)I have never had anything happen to me at a drag strip like that.

when i started racen in 84 at riverside .i knew nothing aboult racecars . for the first couple of weeks noone would help me ..i started thinking everyone was rude ...don weatherspoon who i didnt know except from hearing aboult him .gave me a [ rookie ]some ideals aboult what to do with my car ..that changed things from there on out ..he passed away but i will always be thankfull ..then we went to cc .and for some time noone would not help us then doug mcbee started helping us ..that made it easier . we won five races that year ..ill always thank him ..and i have always helped out other drivers even if i didnt like them .with parts . set up ..tire stagger and what ever it may have been .... round track racen is number one from my stand point ..dirt.. asphault ..are equal .... .. this stuff between dirt and asphault battles on which is the best .is dumb ..i like both just prefer asphault .. i like whataburger .just prefer sonic .... if you run dirt there is no better racen ... if you run asphault there is no better racen ...evens out ..but the best part of all this ..is your racen and keeping this sport alive ...

Archived