Free tickets from TETCO

Lucky161

This is about the free tickets offered by Tetco for the IMCA races at TMS, but not about those races. Tetco is not a huge company. I think they have something like 70 locations in Texas. But they are putting up the entire purse for a 3 day race. I don't know how much this is costing them or how much the purse is, but it must be pretty decent if they have 293 cars. Of course they expect to make their money back and while I didn't buy any gas when I got my tickets this morning, I will be back and will make a purchase. Their gas was about 2 cents higher than some of those around them and as much as a nickel less than some. But it's worth it to me to show my appreciation to pay a couple of cents more than the cheapest.

Again they aren't a huge company. I don't have any idea of where they would be on a Forbes type of list, but I'll bet there are hundreds of companies in Texas that would be able to afford a deal like this and would benefit from it.

Lucky, Tetco is the new name for Diamond Shamrock headquartered here in San Antonio. I don't know the exact number of places they have around Texas but it could be that there are still some old Diamond Shamrock stations that have yet to change their logo on the store fronts. Also Diamond Shamrock is pretty well known throughout several states. But three cheers for them because any sponsor that supports racing gets my business. B)

Lucky, Tetco is the new name for Diamond Shamrock headquartered here in San Antonio. I don't know the exact number of places they have around Texas but it could be that there are still some old Diamond Shamrock stations that have yet to change their logo on the store fronts. Also Diamond Shamrock is pretty well known throughout several states. But three cheers for them because any sponsor that supports racing gets my business. B)

We still have quite a few station that still display the DS signs, so I didn't realize that is who they are. Still as you say, the fact that they are supporting racing in this manner is a VERY good thing.

I stand corrected. Tetco is Mobil not DS. My old mind plays tricks on me every so often and today has been no exception. Sorry for any confusion. DS is now Valero and Mobil is now Tetco. Thanks for setting me straight. :rolleyes: I guess at 71 I can be excused.

Wonder if Tetco is Tetco, kindof like Circle K err Stripes down here in corpus. Stripes which is owned by the Susser family, has contracts with various gas companies to sell gasoline. They recently switched from CITGO to Valero...so they now have Valero, Exxon, and Chevron gases. The TETCO in Corpus has Shell gasoline. I havent gone in to see if they have any tickets, but I dont think I would be able to make the trip anyhow.

Tom

and was it not a great show?i know we enjoyed all the races and the place.price of food and drinks were high,but they said upfront it would be.and all i saw was well worth it.hope more folks sent TETCO a thanx.after i saw where some spectators did,i did also....bet for next year lots of companys will want to sponser that race,there were lots of fans......frank t

Archived