Noise in Corpus

TalkinCorpus

The city council met today to discuss, amending the city ordinances that will limit the decibel level produced by car stereos and entertainment venues.

Channel 3 has a viewers poll about the topic on their website, http://www.kiiitv.com, and it was article 12 on todays city council agenda.

I know STS and for the Most part CC are away from neigborhoods, but I sure hope neither of the two tracks have to go through the same mess as THR with sound meters and all the garbage

Tom

STS is outside the city limits and thus does not have to apply by the rules. It does however mean I can't start my car at the house...

The other track that was successfull when Owen ran it is inside the city limits and thus would have to abide by the rules. However their really isn't any one to complain about the noise.

STS is outside the city limits and thus does not have to apply by the rules. It does however mean I can't start my car at the house...

The other track that was successfull when Owen ran it is inside the city limits and thus would have to abide by the rules. However their really isn't any one to complain about the noise.

im going to start mine at the house weather anybody likes it or not i think its a stupid deal

City is looking at 70 dbs during the daytime and 60 dbs at night, Concrete street and the stuff downtown are going to be rezoned as an entertainment district...

Instead of hang guns the police will carry sound meters, supposed to be something that will be enfroced to all city residents and cars, and come with fines...

like to see how it all works out.

how aboult harleys ....

mine had no mufflers just straight pipes it registered about 100 without reving it up.. im sure that they will be easy targets...just they guy fron channel 3 talking was over the limit i guess we will have to whisper from now on...personally i think its all a bunch of crap i would rather see them do somethig about all the young people walking around with their a$$ hanging out cause their pants are to big...i would support a noise limit but only after a cetain time at night people have to be able to work and do stuff during the day but in residential areas after 9 or so should start to quiet down

it already has a time limit ..10 oclock pm ... they go down that low 70 percent ..alot of poeple will get killed from being run over ..you know poeple like me .who are hard of hearing ..been run over before and i could hear back then ..dont want to go for a second round .lol oh another thing how aboult dog's ..how you going to put a muffler on them ...

I don't think 70 decibels would stand up. Thats extremely low. As to hunting and firing guns, thats a state law not a city ordinance and it has to do with the size of the property. 10 acres for a shotgun, 50 acres for a rifle, projectile cannot leave the property. Under some conditions if a city ordinance was passed before I believe its sept. 15, 1981 then a city can regulate the discharge of firearms.

During dove hunting season up at THR, we would often get pelted by shotgun pellets. You could hear them hitting the garage roof like hail! One day I was in the infield taking dB readings when it rained bee-bees all over me! LOL..

Nick

During dove hunting season up at THR, we would often get pelted by shotgun pellets. You could hear them hitting the garage roof like hail! One day I was in the infield taking dB readings when it rained bee-bees all over me! LOL..

Nick

Thats the problem with enforcing the "projectile not leaving the property" part. If John Law isn't standing there to see it, its basically unenforceable.

hell we used to dove hunt next to cc speedway ..but got pellet complaints and that ended that ... the city is going after all those large boom boxes on wheels .and nasty rap music .... and those buzzing rice burners ...

most likely they are just making another law that they wont do anything about...i think they should try to enforce some of the ones that they already look the other way on like vagrancy, public intoxication, pan handleing, truancy, the issue with all the run down houses and yards 6 ft tall, drugs dealers etc..i know i know before anyone starts they are doing the best that they can and the jails are full..of course if they would take away right as well as freedom when you break the law and make convicts be convicts and get out and work the roads and such like they used to i bet the jail populations would decrease...JMO

Archived