TSRS at OktoberFast

NickHolt

jamie37,

The only reference to the Spectacular, was running 6 classes in one night, fun yes, but late night.

The main 2 times that I was refering to was the openner 4-5-03, and 6-21-03, both great shows, and Brian has been doing alot more on the promotion end which I think has helped. But as the Spectacular weekend showed, having a local class run with the touring classes, and the promotion, sure had a hek of a crowd!

For your infomation, some facts....Road Runner class did not take 1 hour and 15 minutes to run. Here is the times for each race (rounded to the nearest minute).

Road Runners 35 minutes

Texas Pro Sedans 10 minutes

TSRS 1 hour and 25 minutes

ROMCO 1 hour

SAS Scorers use a stop watch to deterine the amount of time a race is taking! We do this for all races every Saturday night

The bicyles were never meant to be part of the racing show, just fill in entertainment instead of having a 20 minute intermission with no entertainment.

And in reference to the Road Runner class racing a 10 lap feature you have to allow these drivers to at least get on the track to gain some seat time. It wouldnt be fair to them after working hard on their car, traveling out to the track and spending their time and money (just like any other driver in another class) to only allow them to race a few laps. Drivers just like fans should get their moneys worth too. I know that 3 cars may be boring, but if we dont get those cars on the track for at least a little show then no one would know that class exists and we wouldnt gain any new interest which increases car count. I look for that class to grow for next year just like the Thunder Class did. As I remember the Thunder Class just had one driver for several weeks and the following year there was at least 7 to start and it grew from there.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Archived