What was your first racecar

Josh42

Guest RandyBorlace

1960's model Curtis Chassis quarter midget (rumored to be one of terry labonte's old Qm's) then a buck-built chassis(home made), another home made, the QM we bought from the freeman's, a nervo coggin qm, a 77 cutlass (never finished), a 63 olds, a 1998 GRT modified, and now a 77 chevelle.

;)In the pic Josh42 posted-look at the left front tire-gettin some daylite under it-talk about hooked up-this was a car built by Ricky Brown from San Antonio, who at the time owned a Machine Shop called "Machine All" if I remember. It was one of the first coilover 1/4's midget to hit the track in the nation.When Ricky built this car ,1/4 midgets around the nation where built with torsion bars at all 4 corners.Ricky had an idea and it worked(put coilover suspension on a 1/4).Ricky's son Ian has been racing Sprint Cars the last few years in ASCS and worked for Simpson.After Josh ran this car, it was sold to Randy Borlace.Not for sure if it is still going today .

Guest RandyBorlace

Tommy,after i flipped it in OK, i sold it and it was being made into a 1/2 midget, havent seen it since. when i put the "B" engine in it i was getting the LF up too, that was a good car.... my nervo coggin car i bought after it had basically the same suspension, thats why we got it, because the RB car handled so good.

Archived