tsrs rules

Ford27

anyone know why tsrs is running steering boxes and not allowing rack and pinion, do you think there is a real advatage to r&p or is it a cost thing.looking at my lm i cant see how i could get a box to even fit, and with the (front clip)tube weight penelty of 25lbs it seems to me to be about even or am i missing something.....would any tsrs guys really object against someone runnin a r&p? ????

anyone know why tsrs is running steering boxes and not allowing rack and pinion, do you think there is a real advatage to r&p or is it a cost thing.looking at my lm i cant see how i could get a box to even fit, and with the (front clip)tube weight penelty of 25lbs it seems to me to be about even or am i missing something.....would any tsrs guys really object against someone runnin a r&p? ????

Does your car have a 2x4 clip, or is that another issue you're having to work on? I was just wondering if most of the SAS LM cars were 2x3 clips or 2x4.

I take it noone knows or cares?

I don't know exactly why TSRS requires stock type steering. My theory is that it's one of several factors designed to keep the front frames and their components at least similar to a stock vehicle.

The reason I asked about your frame is because the 2x3 frame seems to be a bigger issue than the steering unless they have changed the rules to allow that size tubing. The posted rules still show minimum 2x4.

Archived