The chicken or the egg

Lucky161

That was intresting but I dont know what your point was.If it was theres no justification in fielding an expensive car,I agree.If its that a race program cannot sell enough to pay the players that make it up,thats up to the promoter.If its that a racer cannot make enough to cover the majority of expenses,thats not always true.And if its really that a racer will really race for free,building and maintaining a soecial built car,your egg hasnt hatched.That thinking has brought us to where we are in Texas oval track racing right now.I do believe a large field of inexpensive cars can produce a show worthy of a paycheck.And if the show,any show doesnt sell,fix it.Make it more grand.Maybe you can get Willy Nelson to preform if he pays the track 500$ for the privilage.JMO and killing time.

Lucky161, do you or have you ever run a race team? Just wondering what perspective you're coming from. Regardless of payouts, we do race for free. In fact, we lose money every year, even with purses and sponsor income added. The rest comes out of our pocket, of course.

Just a few "hobbies" that compete for winnings and/or receive sponsorship money: Golf, bass fishing, amateur tournament bowlers, tournament softball teams, and the list could go on.

I'm sure you intended to make some valid point in your post, but you won't get the majority of amateur racers to agree with it. Assuming that is that your point was we should consider racing for no purse, which is what I got out of your message.

Lucky161, do you or have you ever run a race team? Just wondering what perspective you're coming from. Regardless of payouts, we do race for free. In fact, we lose money every year, even with purses and sponsor income added. The rest comes out of our pocket, of course.

hhhh

Just a few "hobbies" that compete for winnings and/or receive sponsorship money: Golf, bass fishing, amateur tournament bowlers, tournament softball teams, and the list could go on.

hhhh

I'm sure you intended to make some valid point in your post, but you won't get the majority of amateur racers to agree with it. Assuming that is that your point was we should consider racing for no purse, which is what I got out of your message.

hhhh

the #28 will be carrying a new sponsor this week.......LUCKY 161 mr. money bags one stop shop!

i love when other people (prolly with no car) get on here and tell us what we should be doing.....LOVE IT!

hhhh

hhhh

hhhh

You gotta help me out. Does hhhh mean something?

"Just a few "hobbies" that compete for winnings and/or receive sponsorship money: --->GOLF<----, bass fishing, amateur tournament bowlers, tournament softball teams, and the list could go on."

LOL, my car is "indirectly" sponsored by PING.

Jay

My step father(may he RIP) had an odd take on the chicken or egg scenerio......

According to him, two(non-chicken) avians of different species reproduced and an egg was laid. This egg matured and hatched, thus creating the chicken.

Still not sure which came first? Don't feel alone, I never understood it either. He was able to take a simple yes/no question, give you a half hour summation and leave you still wondering what the answer was. :huh:

Hey Jay are there any water issues on the course?

HMMMM...depends on whether you consider the City of Plano sewer system failing and leaking a MILLION gallons of RAW SEWAGE into my main golf course irrigation system water storage lake an "issue". :angry:

Jay

i didn't have alot of time in my early post........

i think you are intitled to your opinion. BUT i'm not a lawyer , doctor , or trust fund baby......i count on my portion of the purse to keep me active in the sport,,,,,,,,not saying i depend on it , but it definately helps offset the losses.

terry dickerson (say what you will about him) paid good,,,,,,good enough to keep me contending. each class pays what they feel is a fair balance on what the rule book justifies you doing as to what you may be spending. which helps keep me and alot of others on the tracks......if we are taking losses it prolly means we are out growing the base for which they set these rules and purses.

BUT if it wasn't for purse money you'd have 7 or 8 millionares putting on a half ass show while trashing 40,000 dollar cars for 500 bucks ,,,,,,not on a week to week basis but a race to race basis.

not trying to fight.....just wanta keep racing.

the chicken rolled over and lit a smoke.

Hey Jay are there any water issues on the course?

HMMMM...depends on whether you consider the City of Plano sewer system failing and leaking a MILLION gallons of RAW SEWAGE into my main golf course irrigation system water storage lake an "issue". :angry:

Jay

Thats good fertilizer!!!!For real!!!!! :D

LOL, I wish that was true but it's not for "short grass". It's too "hot" ...ammonium nitrates are off the scale.

In your yard, you fertilize and then water it. In this case, there is no "water", just more hot fertilizer !. At 105 degrees and sunny, it will just chemically fry a golf green. We took the whole irrigation system off ground water and it is shooting city water now at about 750,000 gallons a day. There is smoke coming off the meter but I'm sending the bill over to Plano.

I headed to work now so good luck with the races today.

I'm not going to even get into the smell...

Jay

Archived