Modifieds Returning to CCS

Rick Day

Oldtimer,your right about how the pay is distributed.Thats why I have to run so hard every week.Up north,even last place pays 50$ for entry level and 75 to 100$ for the expensive cars.Thats why they have so many cars.Even at the Modified Nationals in McAllen last place for the main race pays 1000$.Plus a purse that starts at 500$ every nite for non qualifiers.Thats why its the biggest race each year.At Heart of Texas they pay 1000 to win for 7 or 8 classes and lasdt year thay got 190+ cars of all kinds.

Every car that races is an important part of the show and should get something for it.Would this help car count?I think so.I still think its prudent to harvest your crops before replanting.And for me to change to a car that will take money from my family budget to race is NOT MOVING UP.Its PAYING TO RACE.

I still think the tire deal for modifieds is the most important thing to add dirt cars to asphalt modifieds.At CC Speedway the engine is much less important than grip.

For payout,it will be at the track after the race at the track.The 11th has been paid.Does someone know for a fact the 4th will not be paid?I won almost a weeks salery that nite.3 times more than the dirt track pays on a given nite.Last weeks pay was twice what the dirt track pays so at this point I guess Im even.With the 4th money Im 3 weeks ahead.No redgestration fees,no parking fees,20$ pit pass.Am I getting screwed?

For the boozers,when I raced at Eninburg speedway in the early 70s lots of booze was in the pits.People used soda jackets on the beer cans to hide them.If you could walk a straight line you were not ready to race.The cars were built from drill stem and were not real fast but heavy.When they hit the wall ( built just like CC )they went through it.I saw a man loose his hand in a rollover..At CC Speesway the most dangerous time was after the races.People got boozed up and wrecked cars,4 wheelers and some property damage to the track.Burnouts,doughnuts etc,If I remember right,even at Thunder Hill you could not go from the pits to the stands and back because of booze.And people used to make fun of power steering and automatic transmittions.Even in Houston we all used to go to a place called The Ice House to have a brew and relive the nite.Maybe Corpus has one.Or maybe we can all go to the dirt track and party after the races and compare notes of the nite.

booze,beer,or wine-ing or whiners (edited by me)

Oldtimer,your right about how the pay is distributed.Thats why I have to run so hard every week.Up north,even last place pays 50$ for entry level and 75 to 100$ for the expensive cars.Thats why they have so many cars.Even at the Modified Nationals in McAllen last place for the main race pays 1000$.Plus a purse that starts at 500$ every nite for non qualifiers.Thats why its the biggest race each year.At Heart of Texas they pay 1000 to win for 7 or 8 classes and lasdt year thay got 190+ cars of all kinds.

Every car that races is an important part of the show and should get something for it.Would this help car count?I think so.I still think its prudent to harvest your crops before replanting.And for me to change to a car that will take money from my family budget to race is NOT MOVING UP.Its PAYING TO RACE.

I still think the tire deal for modifieds is the most important thing to add dirt cars to asphalt modifieds.At CC Speedway the engine is much less important than grip.

For payout,it will be at the track after the race at the track.The 11th has been paid.Does someone know for a fact the 4th will not be paid?I won almost a weeks salery that nite.3 times more than the dirt track pays on a given nite.Last weeks pay was twice what the dirt track pays so at this point I guess Im even.With the 4th money Im 3 weeks ahead.No redgestration fees,no parking fees,20$ pit pass.Am I getting screwed?

For the boozers,when I raced at Eninburg speedway in the early 70s lots of booze was in the pits.People used soda jackets on the beer cans to hide them.If you could walk a straight line you were not ready to race.The cars were built from drill stem and were not real fast but heavy.When they hit the wall ( built just like CC )they went through it.I saw a man loose his hand in a rollover..At CC Speesway the most dangerous time was after the races.People got boozed up and wrecked cars,4 wheelers and some property damage to the track.Burnouts,doughnuts etc,If I remember right,even at Thunder Hill you could not go from the pits to the stands and back because of booze.And people used to make fun of power steering and automatic transmittions.Even in Houston we all used to go to a place called The Ice House to have a brew and relive the nite.Maybe Corpus has one.Or maybe we can all go to the dirt track and party after the races and compare notes of the nite.

YOU SOUND LIKE A WHINNY LITTLE BABY ! DO I NEED TO SEND THE WAAAAMBULANCE YOUR WAY !! COME ON OVER AFTER YA'LL FINISH WILL SMOKE SOME OF YOUR WACKY TABACKY AND DRINK SOME OF YOUR WINE . THAT'S IF YOU DON'T MINE SHARING ?

HAVE A GREAT WEEK . :D:D

We understand the Modifieds are racing at Houston that weekend, but we have alot of guys in the CC area that are not and have not been running at HMP. We in no way want to hurt HMP's or STS car count by any means.

We are for giving the guys who havent been running or just want to come and race at CCS a place to race that weekend. We will welcome everyone to come if they desire.

Plus the fact is like TSRS is a touring series, we need to get the Modifieds and Trucks back to a true touring series also.

We are getting calls from the drivers and looks like we are going to have a good turnout for this event and hopefully a couple more before the end of the season.

If interested call me or email.

Thanks again

Rick Day

Archived