Sergio Hexsel wins TPS

Sergio Hexsel wins TPS race at THR

Thunder Hill Raceway, Kyle, Texas (August 11, 2006)

By: Neil Upchurch, Texas Pro Sedans – Race & Admin Director

The Race Report for this event will be posted and available this week on - http://www.texasprosedans.com/

Further details about this event are contained in the Official TPS Race Results and TPS Driver Championship Point Standings which are listed below:

Thunder Hill Raceway Race # 6 - August 11, 2007

Finish Car # r Driver/Hometown Car Type/Engine CC Best Qual Time Laps

1 20 Sergio Hexsel/Live Oak, TX VW Rabbit/2042 17.652 25

2 27 Bill LaBarge/Bryan, TX BMW/2085 17.075 25

3 48 Mike Knotts/Universal City, TX VW Scirocco/1648 17.576 25

4 74 John Wasek/Austin, TX VW Scirocco/1628 17.840 25

5 70 r Mike Merrell/Kingsland, TX VW Scirocco/1690 17.599 25

6 55 John Miesen/Marion, TX VW Sedan/2332 18.384 25

7 24 r Joshua Freeman/Universal City, TX Ford Probe/2338 18.949 24

8 56 r Jason Krueger/Seguin, TX VW Sedan/1835 19.196 24

9 71 Bruce Mabrito/San Antonio, TX VW Scirocco/1780 19.861 22

10 85 r Ja Lane/Houston, TX Ford Focus/2210 16.828 22

11 46d r Steve Dalrymple/San Antonio, TX Chevrolet Cobalt/2232 18.903 21

#85's official qualifying time of 16.828 is a new TPS/THR track record. 3 bonus points were awarded to driver Ja Lane.

Feature Race - Margin of Victory 1.00 second. Race leaders: car #48 led laps 1-4, #27 led laps 5-14, # 20 led laps 15-25

dna - did not arrive dns - did not start r - eligible for 2007 TPS "Rookie Of The Year" Award

Penalty notes: #71 Qual time disallowed due to weight infraction. #46d penalized one lap for missing pylon twice.

TPS thanks purse sponsors: Richard & Bea Villanueva, Nelson Skinner, Attorney at Law of San Antonio.

J&S Racing Promotions thru: Shelma Walton, San Antonio. Randy Larsen Air Cooled Race Engines, Wimberely

TPS thanks Thunder Hill Raceway for hosting this 6th TPS race of the 2007 season.

TEXAS PRO SEDANS 2007 REMAINING SCHEDULE (Subject to Change, Additions, Deletions)

Race Rain Track Remarks

Aug 18 9/15 Thunder Hill Raceway 2 - 8 Lap Qual Heats & 20 Lap Feature Race

Sep 1 9/2 tba - pending contract signing Time Trials, LC Race, 40 Lap Feature Race

Sep 15 none Thunder Hill Raceway Time Trials, 25 Lap Feature Race

Sep 29 10/13 Thunder Hill Raceway-$1,000 win Time Trials, 32 Lap Feature Race @ THR "Spectacular"

Nov 10 n/a 2007 TPS Awards Dinner - 6:00pm Carlos Kelly's Restaurant, 6846 Hwy 87 East, San Antonio

TPS Points thru: Race # 6 - August 11, 2007

Position Car # r Driver Hometown Points

1, 20 Sergio Hexsel/Live Oak, TX ….. 83

2, 85 r Ja Lane/Houston, TX ….. 73

3, 27 Bill LaBarge/Bryan, TX ….. 66

4, 48 Mike Knotts/Universal City, TX ….. 59

5, 70 r Mike Merrell/Kingsland, TX ….. 49

6, 26 Lalo Leal/Corpus Christi, TX ….. 41

7, 55 John Miesen/Marion, TX ….. 37

8, 24 r Joshua Freeman/Universal City, TX ….. 35

9, 56 r Jason Krueger/Seguin, TX ….. 28

10, 50 r Rick Dawdy/San Antonio, TX ….. 24

11, 18 Lanny Young/Kingsland, TX ….. 23

12, 78 Adam McCosh/Cibolo,TX ….. 22

13, 71 Bruce Mabrito/San Antonio, TX ….. 20

14, 94 Harlon Hatcher/Converse, TX ….. 18

15, 46r r Mark Rahn/San Antonio ….. 15

16, 23 r J.J. Osburn III/Converse, TX ….. 15

17, 74 John Wasek/Austin, TX ….. 13

18, 22 Harry Osburn Jr./New Braunfels, TX ….. 12

19, 21 r Steve Cooper/Tuttle, OK ….. 11

20, 10 Donnie Moore/Hutto, TX ….. 10

21, 1 r Mark Pinson/Wichita Falls, TX ….. 10

22, 66 Ariel Arredondo/Kingsville, TX ….. 9

23, 29 Rico Gutierrez/Corpus Christi, TX ….. 6

24, 14 r Will Robertson/Corpus Christi, TX ….. 6

25, 11 r Steven Carpenter/Corpus Christi, TX ….. 4

26, 46d r Steve Dalrymple/San Antonio, TX ….. 4

27, 28 r Kostin Suhre/Marion, TX ….. 3

28, 72 Candi Hogan/Cedar Park, TX ….. 3

29, 15 Tom Johnson/Kingsland, TX ….. 2

30, 4t Joshua Tuttle/San Antonio, TX ….. 1

31, 01 Mike O'Connor/Weatherford, TX ….. 0

32, 19 Lloyd Hart/San Antonio, TX ….. 0

33, 84 r Price Allen/San Antonio, TX ….. 0

Drivers without 2007 points

33, 2 Jack Dishman/Devine, TX ….. *

34, 3 r Jesse Sandoval Jr./Corpus Christi ….. *

35, 5 r Gage Guevara/Corpus Christi, TX ….. *

36, 12 Joe Moloney/San Antonio, TX ….. *

37, 15 Tom Johnson/Kingsland, TX ….. *

38, 16 r Bill Stipe/Baytown, TX ….. *

39, 38 Dave Parks/San Antonio, TX ….. *

40, 46d r Steve Dalrymple/San Antonio ….. *

41, 77 G.B. Carter/Harlingen, TX ….. *

42, 88 Nellie Kelley/Corpus Christi, TX ….. *

43, 97 Kevin Hallman/Cibolo, TX ….. *

r - eligible for 2007 TPS "Rookie Of The Year" Award

Official TPS Results & Point Standings Certified by:

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

way to go sergio ..thats what happens when you car doesnt get hit ..back to form looks like to me...7 car should be back on the track testing and such this next weekend ..leaking rear end housing kept it off the track this..saterday ...... we have three vw.s down here and do you want to trade those two fords from last night . ford ..vw ..class .lol

I thought it was a good race at the front. Bill went in a little hot and high in turn 1 and sergio took advantage. Good clean move and didn't make any mistakes after that to allow Bill back by. The bugs looked pretty good. Getting faster every time. Congrats everyone.

Wonder what happened to Ja Lane. He set a new TPS record in qualifying but could hardly keep the car on the track during the race.. Something must have broken...

Nick

Don't think there was anything wrong with his car. It was probably all those darn VW's that kept getting in his way/line. :P:P

Takes a man to admit it...

I missed the whole TPS race trying to fix the "floating cursor" in my laptop, but I'd look up when Milton would get excited for a spin or something.. And more often than not I'd see the 85 off the track. So I thought maybe he lost a spring or broke a sway bar mount or something.

Nick

That's racing when half the field is rookies.

so tell me what happend to all the non rookies ./.. dont just blaime it on rookies ..a rookie didnt spin us last year at kyle ..a rookie did not spin another car out in front of ours and wreck both ..rookies make mistakes ..but non rookie's can make a rookie look like a ROOKIE CAUSED THE WRECK .... NOW A ROOKIE WHO HAS won and has a car way to fast for them and win's A RACE CAN THINK HE OR SHE IS A RACE CAR DRIVER ..thats when stuff gets torn up ..

One of them was my bad.

Actually, Mike your being way too generous in taking the blame. Don't forget, it takes two to tangle. I believe you had the line during your incident. Possibly, some drivers might learn the art of give and take and maybe watch a few of the other classes race and figure out that there are other lines on the track to pass someone. And also don't forget, the #85 spun out a couple more times after your incident with him and i can betcha the other car involved with him isn't gonna take any blame/responsibility for it. ;)

Wonder what happened to Ja Lane. He set a new TPS record in qualifying but could hardly keep the car on the track during the race.. Something must have broken...

Nick

funny ..from what i have observed from other drivers imput ....the driver broke ..he has a good fast car . not enough seat time .it easy to go fast by yourself . you know its another story when you race with others .alot of drivers have that problem .tho some dont slow down and learn .i know and knew a few drivers like that . i was one of them my first year .to much car .to much pressure to win .did not take the time to slow down and learn .only thing was id only wrecked myself ..

Nick

funny ..from what i have observed from other drivers imput ....the driver broke ..he has a good fast car . not enough seat time .it easy to go fast by yourself . you know its another story when you race with others .alot of drivers have that problem .tho some dont slow down and learn .i know and knew a few drivers like that . i was one of them my first year .to much car .to much pressure to win .did not take the time to slow down and learn .only thing was id only wrecked myself ..

Oldtimer you still wreck yourself. :lol:

Oldtimer you still wreck yourself. :lol:

you just noticed that ..im a wreck ..

Only Oldtimer could try to diagnose what happened at a race 150 miles away by conjureing up images from years gone by !!

wrong two hundred twenty miles away to be correct ..so you blaiming it all on rookies ..lol

Archived