ROMCO vrs TSRS costs

Guest Justaracefan

Guest Justaracefan

I own a business with 2 other partners. We design websites, wire for high speed internet, upgrade and set up computors for small business,home office, hotels, coffee shops and manage many of these accounts. We really enjoy racing and some of our clients are very involved in racing. My partner wants to buy a race car and use the marketing money we receive from vendors promoting their product and our company which would just about cover the race expenses. We are not looking to sponsor any team! and right now we are not even looking for a driver - If we pool our alicated marketing funds it might not be a bad investment. The whole point of us even thinking about this is because we would like to be a car owner.

All I wanted to know is the cost difference in the investment between the TSRS and ROMCO vs TAMS and the different options of where you run these cars. Does it make sense for us to throw our marketing money in these series not really, it probably will not bring us the target accounts we are seeking, but would it be alot of fun - most likely.

With that kind of money you could probably entertain being a series sponsor for any of these series you mentioned. Even SAS would probably entertain naming their premier series after your buisness. Wouldn't sponsoring a series get your name on a lot more cars, and teaming up with a local track to promote it, like TQ said, make your money go further? Kinda interesting... how big would TAMS grow if they had a title sponsor adding $12,500 to the points fund and promoting the your company and the series with the remainder.

Very lnteresting...

Mel

Y'all should look into the USLMA, the fastest growing late model touring series around right now. www.uslma.com

390 carb, a gear rule, and pretty much anything else goes.

Tires are $35 each!

And the October 18th race in New Mexico pays $5000 to win, and $250 to start.

On the tire deal,if you want to win better buy 4 or run old ones and settel for something less,on old tires your a sitting duck.On cost tires#1 and fuel and engine upkeep run a close 2nd.......oh almost forgot fire is up there too.

It all depends on how much you are wanting to spend.

Romco - around grand a race

motor - 15,000

car - 15,000

We run at TMS- with the IRL and NASCAR TRUCKS

San Antonio - 1/2 mile oval

THunder hill (kyle) - 3/8 mile d shaped track

Houston speedway - 1/4 mile oval

Corpus CHristi - small 1/4 mile oval

and you can pretty much travel anywhere with a romco car (alabama - mobile etc... TEnnesse - nashville, etc... california etc...

TSRS - not real sure - don't want to give you false information

If you are looking to spend more, and you really want to get your name out there, sponsor a series like romco, or find you a young star (Bradley Riethmeyer, Michael Umscheid, JC Umscheid etc...) and put one of them in a ASA car (american speed asssociation). its telavised every race, and alot of the NASCAR boys have come from there. Sit back and watch as your driver climbs the ropes, and once he makes it, then they can repay you by buying you a car, and/or putting your name on their NEXTEL CUP car for nohting on the deck lid. BUT THAT TAKES ALOT OF TRUST IN A PERSON.

But you know what you really need to do, is get involved with a team first, and see how you like it. Not all of it is fun and games you ave to work on the car too. But winning a race or running good sure does make it easier to work that next week. Come to San Antonio thsi weekend and watch, both series will be there. (ROMCO and TSRS)

TSRS will cost you about the same per race, by the time you pay the entry fee, buy tires, fuel, ect. I know we spent that much almost every week just getting to the track, getting everyone in and having refreshments, food ect. of course not every team has a person like me that is always hungry and drinks like a fish, which adds to your cost. this was traveling from dallas to every race also.

big john

Another factor that needs to be considered when pursuing a points' championship is a back-up car. Most of the ROMCO and TSRS competitors have time in between races to repair major body damage or replace engines. However, when competing at local tracks on a weekly basis, a back-up car is almost a necessity to win a championship. Larry did have to use a back-up car for about three weeks during the current season . . . couldn't have won the championship without it!

I seem to remember that Marcus (Bellino) also had to use someone else's car for several weeks. Donny Horelka and Ronnie Smith also had back-up cars this season.

JP hit the nail pretty much on the head our team is spending roughly a 1000 a race just to get everyone there but we are probably on the higher end of the TSRS scale. because this season with all the bad luck we had we probably spent 2000 to go to a race but hopefully we turn it around at s.a.s. and keep the momentum up next year. As far as the most bang for your buck i gotta go with TSRS a real classy organization with probably the best car count around. This season with the series i think i had the best time i ever had driving, even with all the bad luck, the drivers in this series are like a family and i think i made a couple friends along the way and maybe even a couple enemies too. So if you're going to invest in a team go with TSRS and Team Alexander never turns down help or a sponsor. So if you wanna get first hand knowledge of all the work that goes on on race day you can come to san antonio and help us out if you want to and you'll see it's not all glitz and glamour. So good luck with your dilemna and i think sponsoring a team with your amount of money would be best. If you buy a NEW car take for example a lefthander is 18500 rolling outta the shop less motor and tranny. plus a motor, we spent 11000 on our new one this year so i think that exceeds your 25k limit but owning a team has its perks too. sorry for the rambling. Good luck.............dang it's late time for bed.

LLoyd Alexander #5 TSRS

Comparing TSRS and ROMCO is hard to do. Everything about a ROMCO car is higher, but it pays more. So, if you can run up front you will probably come out even. ROMCO teams spend any were from $800,000 to $40,000 and the $40,000 dollar guys are winning.

I think some of you guys got your accounting degree at Enron. You cant run a ROMCO race for $1000. There is a benefit in truthfull accounting, it is called a tax write off. It is probably triple that without any wrecks. I do know you could probably get by on a little less, but you can also plow a field with a mule. I would rather use a tractor. A late model will run about $1000 per race if you race local.

Archived