Foyt Coming to Texana

TRP

I know one of the Foyt's(Jerry or Larry) had a car that raced in the Houston area back several years ago at HRP. You might try to call the shop in Waller.

As for Michael, I'm not certain what they have been doing since he stopped racing his Super Late Model, but I'd "guess" he will have a car to drive. You might PM Umscheid Race Service on here for better info.

I know one of the Foyt's(Jerry or Larry) had a car that raced in the Houston area back several years ago at HRP. You might try to call the shop in Waller.

As for Michael, I'm not certain what they have been doing since he stopped racing his Super Late Model, but I'd "guess" he will have a car to drive. You might PM Umscheid Race Service on here for better info.

I remember seeing Jerry Foyt (it was a Foyt, believe it was Jerry) race a modified at Battleground back in the early 90's.

We have donor cars lined up for both Larry and Michael. We're sure hoping for good weather on that weekend as it is the only weekend Larry is available. Very excited to be the site for this historic event. Larry has driven just about everything on pavement, but this will be his first race on dirt.

I'm planning on comming down there with a few of my Limited buddies and some of our Pure stocks

(105 Speedway cars) wanna come and play too. Our rules are a little different, we have 4 bbl carbs, DOT tires, stock springs, & manifolds not headers. Some of them ran with y'all when TOBA & TOPS came down there and it looked pretty even to us, would you let us run with your bombers?

I'm planning on comming down there with a few of my Limited buddies and some of our Pure stocks

(105 Speedway cars) wanna come and play too. Our rules are a little different, we have 4 bbl carbs, DOT tires, stock springs, & manifolds not headers. Some of them ran with y'all when TOBA & TOPS came down there and it looked pretty even to us, would you let us run with your bombers?

Pit Boss - Thank you for the question. We're very excited about having Larry Foyt at Texana and we're hoping for a really good turn out for this event. Here's some extra info hot off the press..... As an added bonus to the 18th for the Limiteds, we will be paying a sizable increase to the top 5 positions in Limiteds. We'll be preparing a more formal announcement this week to distribute on all forums and to all of our contacts. As a preview though for starters, how does $1,500 to Win sound for limiteds on August 18th?

On your question for the pure stocks; the rules as published provide that first time visitors for the season can compete for one night with minor rule infractions. So yes, based on the description you provided, the 105 Pures would be allowed to compete with the Bombers for the one night. Please also note, and we will clarify in our next announcement, that this is a regular points night, and during the regular points season there is a one time registration fee of $25 in addition to the nightly race fee. Also, the Bombers run transponders and the rental fee for that is $15. However, if you own your own transponder, you are allowed to use it, if it is compatible. Just mentioning that so as not to surprise anyone.

We look forward to seeing everyone!

Archived