Rick Day joins Corpus Christi Speedway Staff

debwill

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

shelma@jsracingpromotions.com

Rick Day joins Corpus Christi Speedway Staff

Day assumes responsibility for race operations

SAN ANTONIO, TX (July 27, 2007) – Rick Day has been added to the Operations Staff at Corpus Christi Speedway as Race Director, effective immediately.

Corpus Christi Speedway was purchased earlier this week by Shelma Walton. Walton also owns J & S Racing Promotions, an established company that provides racing promotions and sponsorship services. Day joined the staff of J & S Racing Promotions in June 2007.

Day will handle the race operations at the speedway – including the supervision of all speedway officials and the administration of all technical race operations.

Day was the former General Manager and President at San Antonio Speedway and also managed all three United States Racing Association touring series – the USRA Super Late Model Series, the USRA Modified Series and the USRA Truck Series.

James Beasley, Executive Director of Corpus Christi Speedway and J & S Racing Promotions, feels that Day’s experience will be a big asset to the speedway. Beasley stated, “Although he’s only been in Texas for less than two years, he’s already gained the respect of the drivers, officials and race teams. I know he’ll do well in this position.”

Day will be a part of the racing action next Saturday, August 4, at Corpus Christi Speedway. The race is being billed as the First Annual, “Honoring the Yocum’s Night at the Races.” It will be a yearly event to honor the previous speedway owners, Donald and Carol Yocum.

For more information on Corpus Christi Speedway, visit http://ccspeedway.biz. The website for J & S Racing Promotions can be found at http://jandsracingpromotions.com.

-30-

Thanks oldtimer. :Im looking forward to the challange of getting Corpus Christi Speedway to be the place that all the racers and fans want to be. We have a great foundation to work with thanks to the Yocums. Look for more touring events to come to town, i want to continue the Crash-A-Rama "A night of total destruction" that i started at SAS. This will be the place to be. Stay turned.

Rick Day

The track may be half the size, but the commute is a lot farther! Plus I'll bet there's no hazard pay for when OT drops in to see you and tell you racing stories when you could be eating lunch.

The track may be half the size, but the commute is a lot farther! Plus I'll bet there's no hazard pay for when OT drops in to see you and tell you racing stories when you could be eating lunch.

MIKE YOU'R CRUDE RUDE AND JUST PLAIN MEAN ..BUT I LIKE YAH ...LOL , WOULD NOT PUT THEM THROUGH THAT . NO WAY NO HOW ...HMM I MAY TELL ONE OR TWO STORIES THATS ALL ..MAYBE WE CAN HAVE AN OCTOBERFaST KIND OF THING'Y... MIKE BE GOOD YOU MAY GET A RACE DOWN HERE ..LOOKING FORWARD TO IT ..ITS TIME YOU ALLs MAKE THE LONG HAULS .....

Kevin, was 94 the last time you raced with us? Are you still eligible for rookie of the year? You dont have OT working on your car, do you? On second thought he may be a little faster at getting a car ready to race! I just like picken on Ol Towmader cause its so easy. I dont mind the haul to CC as long as the AC in my truck works. By the way, did it rain down there this evening? It was hot & sunny in SA today.

Kevin, was 94 the last time you raced with us? Are you still eligible for rookie of the year? You dont have OT working on your car, do you? On second thought he may be a little faster at getting a car ready to race! I just like picken on Ol Towmader cause its so easy. I dont mind the haul to CC as long as the AC in my truck works. By the way, did it rain down there this evening? It was hot & sunny in SA today.

go ahead im easy :D ... glad to be of service to the relief of your boredom.... my son and i went out to the speedway today at noon till one thirty ..rained for aboult thirty minutes.. then it cleared up as we left .... to much water standing so they made a good call ....

Thanks oldtimer. :Im looking forward to the challange of getting Corpus Christi Speedway to be the place that all the racers and fans want to be. We have a great foundation to work with thanks to the Yocums. Look for more touring events to come to town, i want to continue the Crash-A-Rama "A night of total destruction" that i started at SAS. This will be the place to be. Stay turned.

Rick Day

Rick,

Not to be rude, I know your new to the area but Owen did the "Night of Destruction" at CCMS 4 years ago. It included demo derby, backwards races, the 360 race, football, boat races and a lot I can't remember. It was an awesome night.

Darin

Archived