Thunderhill Raceway

Rookie49

Just some thoughts.

After growing up in NW Arkansas and watching the likes of Larry Phillips, Don Schoenfeld, Mark Martin, Rusty Wallace, The Allison Bros., among many others, I drifted away from racing for 25 yrs. Around 2001 or so, I started to go to the races again and began to visit different tracks, TDS, I-37, THR, SAS, and others further away. While I and my family did enjoy our racing experience, I always felt like I was settling. I never really felt like my money was well spent-it cost too much. I usually regretted going when I was making the long trip back home after Midnite-the races lasted too long. I usually felt like I was glad that I got to see racing in general, but the carcounts and/or uneven competition just never really seemed to make me feel like the racing was really worth the trouble. Eventually I decided to build a RR car for my daughter, and spent quite a while on it, before the other priorities and committments pushed it to the back burner and eventually completely off the stove.

I had pretty much given up on attending races, because it always seemed like a good idea to go, but when Sat. afternoon rolled around, other things just seemed like less a waste of my time and I would change my mind and not go.

All of that being said---

Last night I went to THR and had an absolute blast. The racing was great. It was good to see some familiar faces, and the rain held off until the picture taking of the winner of the final race. My oldest son actually enjoyed the whole night. I usually have to make him go and he's bored half the night, not last night. Now he wants a NASKART, Dwarf, or Thunderstock. Why can't these kids just be satisfied with a stick and a string to play with :P My youngest son made a new friend and is bugging me about when we can go back and he can register for JRA. Aaron B please give me a call and lets talk about the JRA Thing.

MaryAnn-It was good to finally meet you. Neil Upchurch-I never caught up with you, maybe next time. Sean Paul- I walked right by you and didn't recognize you because something was missing-oh yeah your hair :lol: Then when I went to the Pits you had already left.

The entire event was a pleasant experience. The track personnel were great, they looked professional, they were busy and the event ran smooth. Every class was competitive with good car counts and it was one of the best nights racing I have seen in years.

For the first time, as a fan I feel like trying to actually build some fan base for a particular track.

In short, (I know- too late for that) We had a wonderful time, racing is alive and well at THR and THR has restored my interest in Racing, whereas my opinion of racing in these parts had become pretty negative.

Thank you to the DWARFS, MODS, TRUCKS, TPS, THR Fans, Drivers, Staff, and MaryAnn and H.E.

Sincerely,

One happy race fan

Johnny Sutton

:D:D:D

Johnny,

I am glad you enjoyed your experience at THR. I am also glad that you got to see the car that you built for your daughter, out on the track. I wish I could have had a better finish for you to see. Maybe your son can do a kids ride in the car that you built. I would be honored to have him ride with me. I hope he wants to go fast!!!!LOL

Until next time,

Mona Turner

Driver of the car that Johnny built

Johnny,

I am glad you enjoyed your experience at THR. I am also glad that you got to see the car that you built for your daughter, out on the track. I wish I could have had a better finish for you to see. Maybe your son can do a kids ride in the car that you built. I would be honored to have him ride with me. I hope he wants to go fast!!!!LOL

Until next time,

Mona Turner

Driver of the car that Johnny built

I am sure they are better finishes than I would have ever got out of them. :lol: I also know that you and yours have put a LOT of work into that car. As much or more than we did. I'm just glad to see it run as much as it does. The car was good for one thing while I had it- everyone of my kids can say that that at one time they had a racecar and that they turned a hand working on it.

very cool johnny...

crystal (milton's girl) my wife (hopefully not in that order) told me she met you. i'll search you out in two weeks.

..............and you can bet your A@$ that damn goat never built a car!

Sorry to have missed you to Mike. Great race by the way. Ja Lane is hooked up, but I was glad to see the run you had. I'll try to stop by this week and say hi.

very cool johnny...

crystal (milton's girl) my wife (hopefully not in that order) told me she met you. i'll search you out in two weeks.

..............and you can bet your A@$ that damn goat never built a car!

'Horse ... That is a very bright car. :D

that was a good show, we asked Mary Ann whre she had the water spicket, seems like right when the Grand Stocks crossed the checkers, the rain began to fall!!!

MAN, that lady has some power!

Good run in all the classes, Thunder Stocks looked strong, TPS and the good old Supers are always gonna put on a good show, touring classes looked impressive as well.

Looking forward to the 28th.

Archived