Hobby stock

This is stupid question, but exactly does the body/style or year of the body have to do with anything if all the guts of the car are lets say a 74 chevelle/Monte , what would it matter if it had an 86 monte body on it? I don't get what the problem would be except if the interior panels were gutted out and they dont allow that or something.

This is stupid question, but exactly does the body/style or year of the body have to do with anything if all the guts of the car are lets say a 74 chevelle/Monte , what would it matter if it had an 86 monte body on it? I don't get what the problem would be except if the interior panels were gutted out and they dont allow that or something.

I agree, however the two bodies we are talking about do not have the same wheel base. therefor the newer body would have to be stretched in the door area to fit the longer wheelbase. so that would leave it open for some racers to protest that you are moving weight around. And some times rules are rules, if it doesnt say you cant doesnt mean you can.

I sent an email to the tech official at THR asking this question, but have not got a respons back yet.

You can have Sheet metal door skins in thunder stock...

9.) Each door must be securely fastened to the car body by welding or chain.

10.) The body may NOT be lightened or modified from the factory version. Aluminum body parts are not allowed. Even if car being used came with aluminum parts.

11.) Metal, non-stock, doors may be used but they must be at least 22-gauge steel sheet metal.

Ok but lets say I have a 75 montycarlo and the body got trashed in a wreck, but the chassis is still good. I cant find another 74-76 body for it. so could I put a body off of a 85 montycarlo that still has the full roof and inner panels on it and pass tech?

Archived