TSRS race

jamie37

Thanks Shelma! :)

TSRS teams and families, as Shelma posted earlier, I talked to Graham late this afternoon and yes, we are still a go for this weekend @ HMP! Here is just a little more information.

Friday: the track will be open tomorrow for testing, full day is 100.00 per racecar (includes one driver) half day from 6:00pm until 11:00pm is 50.00 per racecar (includes one driver), all ladies, no charge and everyone else is only 10.00.

Check my voicemail, before you head out, if there are any changes, I will put a message on there, ASAP. 512.844.3582.

Saturday: track opens @ 11:00am - pit entrance is 25.00 per person, 50.00 per racecar. Full raceday schedule will be released by HMP later this evening.

Hotel information is listed below, we have been invited back to our old favorite, Holiday Inn @ JFK & Beltway 8, here is the contact information along with two other hotel choices, the TSRS after the race party will be at the Holiday Inn!

Holiday Inn

Rooms are 62.00 (must ask for HMP discount rate when calling)

contact person: Tabitha Evans - Sales Manager

15222 John F. Kennedy Blvd

Houston, TX 77032

Direct Line 281-310-0015

Hotel 281-449-2311

Fax 281-449-6726

Thanks everyone and drive safely, hoping for some sunshine and racing! B)

Sincerely,

Mary Ann Naumann

We started flooding at our place yesterday. Catching fish in our yard off the front porch. No joke! Very lucky it didn't get any worse, getting more rain overnight. If the water rises 1 inch higher, it will be in the house. We cannot leave, with things in this condition. Hope you all get to race and have fun - No crash fests, Okay?!!!

We are nearly to the track and I just spoke to Graham, the remaining practice has had to be canceled, the race is still on schedule! You may come in tonight at anytime and park your haulers and get set up for tomorrow, your welcome to stay overnight. If there is a way to get theses races in, the Baker family will get it done. Continue to check my message on my cell before heading out. 512.844.3582. Drive safe, maybe we will just have to have a TSRS party tonight too ;)

Graham just called, it has stopped raining, the remaining practice is going to go on! Although, the Bakers are NOT charging! Hopefully we can get some rubber down for better racing tomorrow.

You can still come in tonight at anytime and park your haulers and get set up for tomorrow, your welcome to stay overnight. Like I said, if there is a way to get theses races in, the Baker family will get it done. Continue to check my message on my cell before heading out. 512.844.3582. Drive safe! B)

They're practicing at HMP now. So far, some of the drivers who have shown up at practice are Joe Aramendia, Jesse Salazar, Ian Webster, Larry Bendele, Brian Moczygemba, John Heil and H.E. Neumann - don't know the names of some of the other drivers.

So far, so good - let's hope the rain stays away for the rest of the weekend. It's so good to hear the sound of racecars on the track.

Here's a picture of Joe on the track - sorry about the quality.

post-29-1183773326_thumb.jpg

Here's a picture of Joe on the track - sorry about the quality.

Is that the 12 RR??? Kinda blurry, can't tell.

We're at the track now - everything is running on schedule. Hopefully the rain will stay away for a few more hours. I'll try to keep posting updates throughout the evening.

No live broadcasts from me - just updates throughout the evening.

TSRS qualifying just finished (18 cars), and the skies opened up at the track. So we're on hold now. Most of the rain showers are to the west of the track, so maybe we'll have a chance . . . well, just maybe.

The top three TSRS qualifiers (I think) were Robert Barker (#17), Joe Aramendia (#79), and Bobby Teer? (#2). I haven't heard the official qualifying results.

Archived