Too many Yellow flags and not enough Black ones

This was my first time at the races this year.

First:let me say the price was right to get into the races, as we approched the pay window a unknow woman ask us if we had brought our ticket yet, we advised that we had not and she handed us 4 FREE ticket to see the races.

Second: the food was great, I had a Cheeseburger, it was WONDERFUL.

Third: THE RACES, it's my opinion that things got out of hand. TOO MANY YELLOWS FLAGS and NOT ENOUGH BLACK FLAGS. In the heat races it looked like a group of mid school kids driving bumper cars and then in the main events it just keep on going on. You start bring out that Black, the track and save some car and cool down some follks

AGAIN in my OPINION I think these cars and drivers should have been sent to the shower:

Modifieds

128 Jim Mikulancek

55 Danny Brown

Both for rough driving

Pure Stock

88 Bobby Jack

44 Gene Hyde

and a black car that played bumper car with these in the heat races

All were running for top spot and thier was lots of bumper cars being played

Limited Modifieds

88 Steve Whitaeker Sr

Rough driving and making an horses rear-end out of himself by trying to get something started with Car # 166 Allen Torres

I will say that this, it was the last thing I every though I would see out of Whiteaker Sr. but he was just trying to cause a problem. I give the driver, of car # 166 lot of credit for staying out of harm way. I lost a lot of faith in Whitaeker Sr form seeing his actions

Bightlights and Big City

I am not a driver so I could not possibly understand. I am not defending anyone for unsportsman-like behavior but I would think that everybody has a bad day every now and then and that we all tend to get frustrated and a little grumpy and things happen in the heat of the moment. That is all a part of this sport. Look at Nascar. Just my opinion..... :)

It's interesting from a fan's point of view. As far the Pure Stocks go, I was following those guys and saw it more as two guys going for the same real estate! A racing incident, not really rough driving. Rubbin is Racing!

I think Brightlights should be black flagged from racing, or maybee we should all decide before we race who is going to win. Like Wrestling does!!! Then we could all race and be happy and love one another. Brightlights have you heard of curling? I think it may be for you!!!

First:let me say the price was right to get into the races, as we approched the pay window a unknow woman ask us if we had brought our ticket yet, we advised that we had not and she handed us 4 FREE ticket to see the races.

Second: the food was great, I had a Cheeseburger, it was WONDERFUL.

Third: THE RACES, it's my opinion that things got out of hand. TOO MANY YELLOWS FLAGS and NOT ENOUGH BLACK FLAGS. In the heat races it looked like a group of mid school kids driving bumper cars and then in the main events it just keep on going on. You start bring out that Black, the track and save some car and cool down some follks

Rough driving and making an horses rear-end out of himself by trying to get something started with Car # 166 Allen Torres

I will say that this, it was the last thing I every though I would see out of Whiteaker Sr. but he was just trying to cause a problem. I give the driver, of car # 166 lot of credit for staying out of harm way. I lost a lot of faith in Whitaeker Sr form seeing his actions

Bightlights and Big City

It's good to see a fan that has the gumption to step up with an opinion and I respect you for that. Of course, as you can see, when not in agreement with the majority, you become "un"liked real quick.

However, on the issue of flags, I'm sure the job is not easy but I wouldn't have minded seeing some of them being told to "GET OUT OF THE WAY" It's tough to get around someone who is out for a Sunday drive on Saturday night :lol:

Brightlights glad you enjoyed the food and got in free on top of that, whomever was handing out the free tickets does not want a dirt track in South Texas I guess but oh well, there was some driving issues and some probations and fines are being handed out to those that are in need. Anyway please come again, we have alot of great drivers in South Texas and I am sure they will give you the show you are out for next time you are in town.

Owen

Owen.

Satuday was My first time at your track also and I thought it was great.

Track looked like it stayed nice and smooth and had lots of close raceing.

Brightlights was right about the burgers but thats it. The only thing I didnt like

was having to stand inline to buy a ticket to buy a burger, Took to much time and I missed a few laps...lol

I look forward to coming back, But I will bring my car

Brightlights glad you enjoyed the food and got in free on top of that, whomever was handing out the free tickets does not want a dirt track in South Texas I guess but oh well, there was some driving issues and some probations and fines are being handed out to those that are in need. Anyway please come again, we have alot of great drivers in South Texas and I am sure they will give you the show you are out for next time you are in town.

Owen

dont worry about it owen brightlights obviously spent to much time looking into the lights and prolly wouldnt know a good race if it ran over him.thanks for the great shows that you put on..David Terrell

sts always has a good crew working the pits, saftey crew is always right on top of whatever is happening,the calsses are run back to back not a bunch of dead time which means you get home earlier, the food at the concessions is always good, the girls working the gates and the tickets booth are always friendly as well as the people working the consesions, slot car racing for the kiddos, events during intermission for the kiddos...SO WHAT YOU HAD TO SE A FEW YELLOW FLAGS DO YOU SEND EMAIL TO NASCAR EVERY WEEKEND BECAUSE THEY HAD A FEW YELLOW FLAGS I DOUBT IT. besides i have seen many races at sts that have gone green all the way till the last lap.next time forget the burgers just have a coke and a smile [edited out by Nick Holt, 7/2/07]

as some of you know i race out there and have never really had anything bad to say about owen the track or anybody else including the dumpy flag man j/k k but every now and again would like to see some type of tech in bomber class i get tired of listening to the crying about who has what but but in all the track and OWEN ARE DOING A GREAT JOB but if somebody has a opionion like bright lights then he should be abel to express it jmo

First let me say that I was not there, but people you put on the show for the fans, right? The fans pay(in most cases) that helps keep the track open, right? Don't jump on someone because someone voiced their opinion and you didn't agree or like it. He did say it was first time, give him credit for speaking up, maybe he's used to less rubbing on pavement. Maybe some of what he said was warranted, we ALL know things can get a little rough from time to time.

he is intitled to his opinion.........BUT he just called out a lot of people by name and then sign off 'brightlights and big ctiy'......you can have an opinion but you shouldn't mark out people by name , and then not give your own.

- and hell,,,, if he got in free and still finds something to complain about well maybe the track doesn't need his support to begin with. just my opinion

I was there and yes the racing was hot and heavy. Owen warned drivers by putting them to the back. You also have to realize that it had been a few weeks since anyone had race and the cool air made the drivers blood bump. There was some rough driving but we need to let Owen handle business. I know that all the driver concerned got the famous Owen speech. Thanks Owen for a great time on Saturday nights.

John Henderson

Well there was some rough driving by all. I don't think it was just those drivers that he named. Owen looked completely frustrated while trying to line us back up after all the cautions. Especially with the cars that just didn't seem to know where they were supposed to be. But with that said there was lots of passing all through the feild. And the hamburgers were great as always.

and then not give your own.

Agreed!

So is there racing on Wednesday?

i live on the north west side of corpus and we got the 10" r i now live in the middle of a lake but from what i have heard not all of corpus got that much so we can hope

As a fan I knew that the good old boy's wouldn't like all of my opinions, but they are mine and I call them like I see them. If some of you got your feeling hurt, that's life. (You have to take a few negatives with the positives in your life time)

Thanks Owen for your input, I'm sorry if I stepped on your toes, it was a great show but it was extremely rough for my taste (I be around went too many folk get hurt by driver's horsing around) and I just had to say sometime. I just hope it doesn't bite someone in the rear-end one of these day and get someone hurt because of the horse play of a few.

All in all there were some great races

Reb the track got 13" of rain yesterday morning so the Wednesday show has been cancelled, really frustrates me, I try to do something out of the Texas ordinary and put on a mid week show like you might see in Iowa and the rain kills me again. I will try again later.

Horse good to hear from you always love the way you shoot straight and tell everyone like it is.

Brightlights, don't worry about it you did not step on my toes, it was a rough night, alot of people got an ear full from me, I was the most frustrated person on the property, I don't open the doors to have crashing I open the doors to put on a show for people just like yourself, I own a RACE track not a wreck track so I expect racing side by side, 2 and 3 wide, enjoyable racing, the kind when 2 drivers are done they get out of the car with smiles no matter who won and say damn that was fun. I can't always provide this but I will keep trying, don't lose respect for any driver, they all put their heart and soul into this sport to bring you a show sometimes we have to punish one or two to keep it straight but they are all working real hard for you. If you did not notice by the way I had to put the front 2 cars in 2 different races to the rear that night they were racing accidents it happens, I know one of them was a favorite of yours but it happens, we do the best we can and we will continue to do that, notice any consistency in those calls, that is our goal sorry you did not like the call on your driver but it was the best call we could make.

Anyway see everyone on July 14th for a great night of RACING and some ice cold NICKEL Beer.

Owen

Owen you and your staff are doing a great job running the track but you need to take a handle of the situation. You need to review the tapes of the modified and the limited race to see some premeditated attempts to really hurt someone. You and only you can impose penalties for some of these intentional incidents. From my pits I saw a very disturbing fight and if you call me I will discuss in more detail. I always have my kids with me in my pits along with alot of other drivers and this should not be tolerated period. Hope to see some action on your part to control this felonious behavior.

Archived