bicycle race

I was just wondering about the "run what you brung race". Is this going to be organized by age?? If so, what ages? I just don't want to watch my 4 year old get run over by a 12 year old. Is this just for adults or what? Just curious. I don't want to leave out my kids, but I wasn't sure if it was for adults like the last race or all ages. Either way, great idea! :)

Wow I knew that South Texas Speedway was doing bicycle races, didn't know CCS had the same idea, funny.

CC Speedway had bicycle races on June 16 and has been discussing them at the drivers meetings for several weeks. Since several STS people visited that night and saw how much fun we had I thought that is why STS is planning to have one. Well, I guess both groups can have fun. Is that a problem? :rolleyes:

I was just wondering about the "run what you brung race". Is this going to be organized by age?? If so, what ages? I just don't want to watch my 4 year old get run over by a 12 year old. Is this just for adults or what? Just curious. I don't want to leave out my kids, but I wasn't sure if it was for adults like the last race or all ages. Either way, great idea! :)

B) The plan is to divide them up by size/age depending on how many we have. Possibly Kids, then adults, staff, etc. After all it is a Special Family Fun Night. Of course every Saturday night is Family Fun Night at CC Speedway. :):):)

always wonder why someone will worry aboult what another tracks does ..even if its the same thing whataburger .. and wendys sell what . both sell burgers both sell fries . just made different cc .sts both sell racen ..they sell burgers fries tator chips i suppose .coke dr pepper i suppose ..beer .. and both have bicycle races ..one on smooth asphault one on bumby dirt .. both will be fun for the kids ..some will like dirt some wont ... just makes me wonder if that ideal was thought up before years ago or is it unique ...i myself dont wonder what it is another track does to get the fans .out so much is what will get the fans out to the track i prefer ..may it be dirt or asphault .. both have something to offer .. depends on what the fans fancy ... sts does a great job at what they do and cc aswell ..both being possitive can go along way to helping both out ..so instead of saying who had what first does not make any differents ..lets go racen at the track where you want to race and have lot of fun ..thats what is all aboult ..right ..good day ..good luck ..

Just to clarify I don't have any issues, I was at CCS the last race and didn't hear anything about a bike race. I did see 3 guys ride around the track on bikes. SO IF I HAD A PROBLEM WITH ANYTHING THAT WAS GOING ON YOU WOULD KNOW IT AND NICK WOULD BE EDITING HIS HEART OUT, [edited out by Nick Holt, 6/26/07]

Shrimps just mad because he wasn't allowed to run the bike race. He thinks he would have been the one to beat all those kids......J/K Shrimp. Bring one Saturday at STS and we shall wager.

Poorboy, You need to keep that crew chief. You ran better that night. Hell, have him set you up a bike too.

What is an aboult????? :lol:

P.S. The thinking that everyone wants to see the other shut down is wrong. Most at the dirt track want to see both venues survive and thrive.

RGS had bike races 20 years ago.I believe Riverside also had them.What RGS does now that both CC tracks do not do is have kart rasces for kids.Many of the karters are now driving Thunder cars and many thunder drivers are now driving mods and limiteds.They race first on a little track in the infield.They are treated just like another class.This really works and I dont understand why the CC tracks dont do this.How many karts are in Corpus anyway?The only problem came from parents spending huge amounts on trick engines like some do in big cars.I dont remember ever having bicycle races for adults but can be fun too.Everybody likes to be in the spotlite sometime.There again its like the original Thunder Car rules were designed for with the philosiphy of "use what you got"Its not about re-inventing,its about re-organizing.

Its really fon to watch those little kids drive their karts like the pros and dont get in their way or they will run over your toes.and do a burnout.Now whos serious about new blood? :lol:

Archived