Maclemore posts win with crate 350 engine

Trailerman

Starting out mumshied, I agree the name of the thread should have been slightly differant. I appologize, as Nick said....no dig to Todd and team at all. Todd is a contender and obdviously a great team to assist in that. Secondly it was explained to me that Todd is not running for points and that takes dedication to the sport...my hats off to you all. Thats what will help make ARTS succesful.

Yes I support ARTS and will continue to do so.....Hasnt things gotten better since new management?....you bet they have. If we did not want to support then the TURNKEY truck deal would still be going. or didnt you think of it?

My real intent of this post is that we all are entering somewhat of a new era in racing implementing new ideas, programs, concepts, etc. in order for racing to survive. There are going to be mistakes along the way and unfortunatly it takes coming across new experiances such as this. There are other Texas based series that will be going through the same steps. ARTS is pioneering this in Texas touring series. My wish is awareness, I would hate to see another team work their butts off and not get their oppurtunity in the winners circle. So its real easy, future R&D cars not in contention need to pull it off w/ some number of laps to go and let the CONTENDERS finsh there race. (if leading)

This is no big deal at all, We are all racing to win and there is no-pleasing everyone untill it is in the rule book. The real facts at this point it is all speculation about 305 vs 350. old school tells us more cubic inchs more power.

No we will not make SAS we have other commitments for the weekend. We stay very busy at TK and as we did w/ROMCO will primarily focus on HMP and THR.

Thanks for the ears

Joe

[Comments deleted by Nick Holt, 9/30/03]

As many others have explained... the 350 had no affect on the outcome of that race. He drove through traffic faster than anyone else there. If it wasn't for the 52 running a near perfect line and approaching lapped traffic at the right times, (knowingly or unknowingly setting picks), then there would have been a couple guys chasing you and the 77 down.

There are a few trucks in the series that have just as much and more horsepower than that dog of a 350 sealed crate motor. The 9 truck is one of those.

[Commnets deleted by Nick Holt, 9/30/03]

SpringRubber,

This is not bashers102 or sa360.com. This is Texas Speed Zone where we try to keep things civil, non-hostile, non-belligerent and non-bashing. Here we try to deal with issues in an adult, reasonable way. And we do not permit personal attacks, justified or not.

I'm sure that if you think about it, you could bring issues you feel are important for the future of the ARTS-Lonestar series without involving personal attacks.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Nick Holt

Spring Rubber........ How did the 77 get through the field faster? HE started on the pole. Got a good start and the 52 got down on the bottom like any other racer would have tryed to do on the start. I cleared him just past the start finish line and he got donw to the bottom just behind the 9 truck. Im just trying to figure out what race you were watching and one othert question for you....... isnt getting through lap traffic part of racing? You have to learn how to pass huh? Just my coments...... This isnt my brother Michael i just dont have a name on here. Your response and comments would be greatly accepted so that i will be a little clearer on this issue.

J.C Umscheid

JC, my problem is not with you, the 77 or the 52. my problem is with the way someone is making the series sound.

Im guessing you are with the 77 or 52 - Im not sure. What I was trying to explain is that the 77 drove his butt off! the motor didn't win the race, the guy in the seat did.

absolutely!- getting through lapped traffic and keeping people behind you is part of the game. I didnt say anyone did anything wrong on the track. passing is the name of the game and staying out front.

I was referring to the 26, 66, 50, and 30 as the "couple guys" when I said "If it wasn't for the 52 running a near perfect line and approaching lapped traffic at the right times, (knowingly or unknowingly setting picks), then there would have been a couple guys chasing you and the 77 down." (the word "you" being the 9 as that is whom it was directed to)

In my eyes those 4 trucks just looked faster than the 52, 9, and 77. They could have chased down the 9 and probably the 77 is what I was saying. They just couldnt get a good run on 52 without lapped traffic being in the way. 52 did a great job. No foul no harm.

Some of my comments were deleted so now it's unclear of who exactly I was speaking to or about.

Nick left that comment so I think it's ok that I make it clear who I was talking about.

And to Nick, I apologize for those comments that you rightfully removed as I was ~hot~ as I take the sport of racing a bit serious whether if it's someone I know out there or just a series I like to watch. I still don't agree with many comments a certain individual has made or what he/she is trying to imply about the series throughout this thread, but I'll keep my mouth shut and take that up with him/her in person.

Goodnight~

Archived