Where is that old race track at?

HOUSTONLM04

Here is the history on the track that Brad posted here:

Columbia Speedway (Cayce) was a 1/2 mile dirt oval from 1932 to 1941, and again from 1946 to 1970. Also had a 1/4 mile track in 1953.

This track was also known as Palmetto Speedway, and is listed as being on South Carolina Fairgrounds property.

From 1971 to 1977, it was a .510 mile asphalt track.

It was located between Hwys 21 and 2, just north of where they intersect in Cayce, and just northwest of the railroad tracks that run southwest to northeast. Last race was about 77 or 78. This is the track site NASCAR ran from about 1951 to the 70's. You can still recognize some of it if you go to the site.

TxTom,

Is there anything you don't know?

Yup, things like what my wife asked me to do last weekend, or what I promised I would get done.........oops, better not go there.

Actually, that very track Brad posted was the subject of a thread on another forum I frequent. I have some reference material that had the track information on it. That is where I get most of this stuff, reference material I have, or have access to.

Actually, that very track Brad posted was the subject of a thread on another forum I frequent. I have some reference material that had the track information on it. That is where I get most of this stuff, reference material I have, or have access to.

I knew you had help.

Archived