tuff nite in the bullring

thumper

It was a tough nite in the bullring for Thunders,4 wide does not always work.All I know for sure is Thumper got run over by a heard of stampeeding horses.I got a sprained right wrist and a cut on the back of my left hand.When I thought i was over I got hit again in the rear.I think everybody was involved in that one.My steering wheel was froze and I thought I was done.When the cars got seperated and I rolled off the wall the steering moved again.The wheel was half a turn off so I knew the car was hurt but it could drive.On the restart that screaming bug pulled me down the front straight so I tucked in behind him to build momentum when in exactly the same point as the last wreck he went around in a hurry so I locked the brakes and more cars started crashing.I thought I was hit again but the car still ran.When I backed up I saw the bugs tire was under my front end.At least I did not get a bug splatter on my windshield.I was able to limp to the finish.Thumper has a bent rack and pinion,struts,knuckles and rear axle besides body damage all the way around but I think others got it worse.Pappy was able to drive to the pits but Charley had to load with a wrecker.Shawn has damage to both ends and I think Thumper scratched Bubbas front bumper.Nobody likes these crashes but its a part of the game.I know everyones upset,especially Charley who was leading the race at the time.I will spend all week fixing Thumper and I hope everyone elsae can get repaired too.Im thinking we all need to practice patience a little more.I think Steven Wallace needs to do the same.And he gets paid a lot more.

GB between turn 4 & 1 I was on the rear of #15 and in turn 1 I was going around on top when pappy got into #15 I was half a bug ahead of #15..... I never hit the wall like ya'll did BUT ON THE RESTART,,,,,,,,,.. YES MY TIRE CAME OFF ,,,,,,,,,I WAS OK UNTILL THE LAST PLACE CAR MOVED UP JUST TO HIT ME THATS NOT COOL ,,,,,,,,,, :angry: LOOKs LIKE HE NEVER HIT HES BRAKES,,,,,,,,,, LETS JUST SAY THIS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I KNOW WHO HES IS. :angry: I WORKED HARD TO GET MY CAR UP IN THE TOP CARS I'M NOT GOING TO LET A D%$#SS MESS IT UP FOR ME.......

Shawn,thats why Thumper runs like a skeert rabbit.He knows if they cant catch you they cant hit you.Getting run over is what puts skeert in skeert rabbit.I dont think anyone wanted to hit anyone,we just all react a little differently in panic situations.I have not seen any film yet but I remember everything happens really fast and in slow motion at the same time.

Since you dirt Thunders have another nite off why not come out and play,if for no other reason just to knock off the cobwebs to prepair for your next race.Theres no politics,just racing for the sake of racing.I know you guys know your way around the bullring.3 wide,4 wide,heck Im having trouble going 1 wide at my age.

Got to get back to Thumper now.Looks like its worse than I thought.Sure would like to dump that 300 pounds so I can stop fast again.

G.B. as much as I would like to take my car and run a race with yall Im not going to. Not because its anything to with supporting CC or the Drittrack but because I cant take any chances in getting my car messed up. I am leading points at the dirttrack and Im not going to take my chances. Maybe after points are over then I will come and give your Rabbit a run for its money. I hot lap my cousin car there that last race we went and the track was nice and smooth. I know my car would fly around that track but I cant take my chances. Till then have fun and good luck. :)

I forgot about the points thing.I almost never win one.I just thought it was a good oppourtunity to race some of these guys to get comfortable with you guys and race with you after CCs season is over.I doubt if I can,its that money thing again.It costs too much for the trip now with fuel costs.I was going to start racing with cookie man in McAllen but they just raised the price of the pits by making you pay another 25$ for the car besides the regular price .That means it costs 70$ for 1 person to race 1 car with the transponder rental.Plus redgestration fees.Thats for a purse of 65$ to win.Thats for the modifieds to get more purse.I will quit before I do that.If you guys change your minds,Don Jr and Mike are easy to race for and the purse is decent.No redgestration fees eather.In any case good luck to all you dirt racers too. :)

Gb you will be racing dont worry. And i heard about the rise of fees in the valley thats pretty [edited out by Nick Holt, 6/18/07]. Well GB we race against one anther again im sure. And Buggin who got into you i dont remember. Thats anther reason I wont take my chances seems like some people just cant race without crashin somebody.

:angry: I watched the video of the race & when my tire came off GB was right behind me & he didn't even touch me. 4 other cars went around me & the last place car was at the bottom of the track hugging the dirt & I was in the center of the track. He didn't slow down & moved straight up & hit me head on. He could of went below me & there was a clear path between me & the wall. When he finally stopped he was in the straight away right after turn two. The yellow was on before he even got to turn one. This guy has been racing 10 years longer than I have. :angry: someone told me hes brakes don't work ,,,,,,,,,now they tell me

Watch out,Schreck is on a rampage.And I didnt even see the movie but I thought he was easy going. :lol:

GB HE IS A BIG GUY ..TAKES ALOT OF BLANK TO FILL HIM UP .NOW HE.S FULL OF IT AND MAD ..I HEAR HE,S PUTTING YELLOW JACKET STRIPES AND THAT BUG ...HE ALREADY HAS THE STINGER ..... OH BUGGIN JUST TO LET YOU KNOW .THAT IS NOT THE BUG KILLER I WAS WORKING ON ..

:angry: I watched the video of the race & when my tire came off GB was right behind me & he didn't even touch me. 4 other cars went around me & the last place car was at the bottom of the track hugging the dirt & I was in the center of the track. He didn't slow down & moved straight up & hit me head on. He could of went below me & there was a clear path between me & the wall. When he finally stopped he was in the straight away right after turn two. The yellow was on before he even got to turn one. This guy has been racing 10 years longer than I have. :angry: someone told me hes brakes don't work ,,,,,,,,,now they tell me

Sounds like a squirrel got loose at the track....

Hold on O.T, Now rick is in the Big City now, He's got more beer to drink, Girls to chase, Cigars to smoke. now isn't a upperclass squirrel, that doesn't race anymore, called a chipmunk? :lol: I don't think Rick remembers how to drive that VW wabbit hunter anymore he's been in a neon for a while now. mite take him a few case's to remember. Do we have enough Beers and Cigars for him to race with us? :blink: lol. Come on Rick!!! this will get him to come. {FREE BEER AFTER THE RACE'S}-only to squirrel's though.

Hold on O.T, Now rick is in the Big City now, He's got more beer to drink, Girls to chase, Cigars to smoke. now isn't a upperclass squirrel, that doesn't race anymore, called a chipmunk? :lol: I don't think Rick remembers how to drive that VW wabbit hunter anymore he's been in a neon for a while now. mite take him a few case's to remember. Do we have enough Beers and Cigars for him to race with us? :blink: lol. Come on Rick!!! this will get him to come. {FREE BEER AFTER THE RACE'S}-only to squirrel's though.

nah a beer drinken cigar smoken over grown rodent ..

nah a beer drinken cigar smoken over grown rodent ..

Ouch! now that's cutting deep! I might just have to be the spoiler one of these weekends....you never know!! LOL :unsure:

Well RGS has 12 YO drivers and even younger kart drivers.Most karters are 5 to 10 YO.Half the Thunder drivers are karters who outgrew the karts.

Thumper has his bandaids on now>I went to the parts bin to get replacement pieces but the bin was empty.Seems like I gave away too many pieces to my friends who also raced VWs over the years so I straightened the bent parts as best I could.Thumper is not 100% but he is raceable.He is afraid anyone who was waiting for a good time to best him will do it now.His spirit is high but he is now an old beat up warrior like his driver.A sitting duck.But he will be there weather permitting to do battle as good as he can.Nothing lasts forever.He will not quit until he has nothing left.Lets get it on.

Archived