races tonight

went to the track and got . and to my suprise there was noone in the ticket booth and there was a peice of paper in the booth that said canceled. i was shocked is this track going to start acting like another track down south and cancel at any chance of rain had first time race fans with me :(

the track usually makes its mind up around noon and no later than three p.m. you sould always call the track 254-628-2888 because they have their recording changed to let you know the status of the night if they are not there to answer the phone. if the track gets over watered due to rain they usually will cancel so all the dirt doesn't come up and make the track rougher than it sometimes is. but in the end I say always call the track (first) and check the web site!

understandable pat hates nothing more than to have to cancel a race. It has happened to him before he soaked the rigth to the point that any more would make it a mud pit and then just a little ran just added to much water and too much water is a bad thing on a dirt track. the track cannot be packed in before all the top soil is pulled off and only the hard layer under it is left. :D

Archived