Winged Sprints on pavement

Lucky161

When was the last time you saw winged sprints running on pavement? Had to be late 70s or early 80s for me. And we never had a "full" field of them, but even 10-12 of them fairly competitive with each other put on some pretty hair raising shows. Left front in the air and right rear smoking! What I'd give to see 24-30 of these monsters together!

Five Flags Speedway in the early 90's - put on quite a show! I was going to see them at New Senoia in Georgia a few years back, because Wayne Reutimann (David's Uncle, Buzzie's Brother) was in the series and I used to see him run the dirt mods back home....well, I got to the track and found out Wayne wasn't going to be there - so I took in a dirt track race in Alabama that night.

Much prefer the sprints on dirt....but to say they are fast on asphalt is a huge understatement.

im thinking it was the late 80s at hwy 16 texas super sprinter association

Rocky Mountain Region of ASCS is running the winged sprints on pavement tonight in Erie, Colo.

They were smart enough since there is only two races scheduled for pavement to amen their rules to state the following "NO PAVEMENT CARS ALLOWED TO RUN, MUST BE ASCS SPRINT CAR THAT COMPETES IN THE DIRT RACES".

Five Flags Speedway in the early 90's - put on quite a show! I was going to see them at New Senoia in Georgia a few years back, because Wayne Reutimann (David's Uncle, Buzzie's Brother) was in the series and I used to see him run the dirt mods back home....well, I got to the track and found out Wayne wasn't going to be there - so I took in a dirt track race in Alabama that night.

Much prefer the sprints on dirt....but to say they are fast on asphalt is a huge understatement.

Generally, I prefer sprints on dirt and late models on pavement. However, the Supr series late models on dirt put on some awesome races. And I think a "full" field of winged sprints on pavement would do the same.

Rocky Mountain Region of ASCS is running the winged sprints on pavement tonight in Erie, Colo.

They were smart enough since there is only two races scheduled for pavement to amen their rules to state the following "NO PAVEMENT CARS ALLOWED TO RUN, MUST BE ASCS SPRINT CAR THAT COMPETES IN THE DIRT RACES".

The days of running one car on both dirt and pavement are long gone.

Trey Robb Wins USCS Thunder

Check out this link. The kids name is Trey Robb, remember it because you will hear alot more in years to come. The PCR on the wing is Paul Cook, 2001 USAC Silver Crown Champion car owner. Paul owns and designs George White's modified and the ASCS sprint car he drives. I helped assemble and build the asphalt car Trey drove over the winter. Very fast and clean car. All the body and most of the wing were hand built by Paul and George. They race 360 full wing sprint cars on asphalt about every 3rd week all over the southeast promoted by USCS. That race was only Trey's 3rd on asphalt. We had planned to test and shake the car down at Thunderhill on a couple of Sunday's, but got rained out each time. He has a 410 non wing car in our shop right now that is going to be worked on before he races it in the fall. Needless to say, I help out any way I can at the shop and at the racetrack but really I keep my mouth shut and try to learn from everything they say and do.

Link to George White's website Buy one of his T-shirts and help support the cause!!

Archived