ALLTIME ROMCO WINNERS LIST

Jason

A while back I emailed the Barden's and they didn't have the records for the 99 romco season.

This list is since 2000.

1 8 Chris Davidson

2 6 Greg Davidson

3 5 Doug Lege`

4 3 Tommy Grimes

3 Donnie Wilson

6 2 Mark Chrudimsky

2 Joey Heinaman

2 Doug Hooks

2 David Lege'

2 Eddy Wallace

11 1 Brandon Bendele

1 Kenny Bumbera

1 John Kelly

1 Casey Smith

1 Heath Stewart

1 T. Wade Welch

Jason,

I have a list of some of the old TIDA standings from like 95 or 96. :D When it quits raining I'll go check in the shed. If my mind remembers correctly Slick Yoemans was the all time winner with like 25 or so. I think that second was David Umsheid and third was either Rapp or Kelly. Did you guys know that the same team that John Kelly won the TIDA title with in 1990 is the same team that Rick Crawford in the trucks is part of now. Found that out on the team portion of Rickcrawford.com.

Nick,

Does Neil Upchurch still have any of the old TIDA records? I think that the total that I'll get will be from a Program from CC Speedway from 1995. I think that was the night that it snowed in CC. I'll never forget that race!

Jason - Maybe Russ Martin might have some stuff on TIDA hidden in a closet somewhere.

I will bet money that Neil still has that information and probably most of it off the top of his head.

He has a photographic memory.

I will give him a call.

Kathy

I was suppose to work that snow race in C.C. that weekend, but I was just getting over the flu.

I had been sick for a week and was scared to go be in the weather. I think that was back when there was no glass in the scoring booth. :o

Here are winners of the 134 TIDA LM Series sanctioned races held from 1988 - 1997. This information was provided by the Founder and President of the TIDA LM series, Neil Upchurch. This list includes the six TIDA LM Series sanctioned events held at TWS during this time period.

One very interesting fact: Freddy Fryar never won a TIDA LM Series race, although he certainly was not a regular in the series.

Slick Yoemans - 27

Jay Watson - 17

John Kelly - 16

David Umsheid - 16

Tommy Grimes - 15

Rick Rapp - 9

Keith Reithmeyer - 6

Greg Davdison - 6

Larry Schild - 4

Bobby Blake - 4

Ervin Breiten, Jr. - 3

Mike Denman - 2

David Starr - 2

Tommy Riggins - 1

Stacy Bradley - 1

Hubert Bean - 1

Charlie Heflin - 1

Howard Willis III - 1

John David - 1

Jaret Lozano - 1

Nick Holt

Here it is from TIDA 1988-1997 and ROMCO 2000-2002 combined. The 99 results would really help :)

ROMCO/TIDA ALLTIME WINNERS

Slick Yoemans - 27

Tommy Grimes - 18

Jay Watson - 17

John Kelly - 17

David Umsheid - 16

Greg Davdison - 12

Rick Rapp - 9

Chris Davidson - 8

Keith Reithmeyer - 6

Doug Lege`- 5

Larry Schild - 4

Bobby Blake - 4

Ervin Breiten, Jr. - 3

Donnie Wilson - 3

Mark Chrudimsky - 2

Joey Heinaman - 2

Mike Denman - 2

David Starr - 2

Doug Hooks - 2

David Lege' - 2

Eddy Wallace - 2

Brandon Bendele - 1

Kenny Bumbera - 1

Casey Smith - 1

Heath Stewart - 1

T. Wade Welch - 1

Tommy Riggins - 1

Stacy Bradley - 1

Hubert Bean - 1

Charlie Heflin - 1

Howard Willis III - 1

John David - 1

Jaret Lozano - 1

what about the "outlaw" shows that the SLM ran in between the time of TIDA and ROMCO. I thin that Kelly won twice and then Patrick Lawlwer won one of the October fast and then John O'neil won another didn't he? That was a SAS. Kathy might remember who won a couple of show at THR. All I remember is watching John David Jr. flipping down the backstretch after hitting somebody's tire.

Jason, I have tracks records as of 1995 for TIDA might be kinda old. I also have the driver's list too. This is a great topic

In 1998 there were four "outlaw" Super Late Model races that Neil Upchurch put on at the request of the individual tracks involved. These were neither TIDA LM nor ROMCO Super Late Model races.

April 11, 1998 @ Longhorn Speedway - WHO WON THIS ONE??

May 16, 1998 @ Thunder Hill Raceway - Tommy Grimes won

June 20, 1998 @ Thunder Hill Raceway - Greg Davidson won

August 29, 1998 @ Houston Speedway - Darren Ellis won

Nick Holt

I think Robert Mullins maintained the points and did the mailings in the 1999 season. I wonder if he would still have the 1999 final points spreadsheet? The Nov 1999 Newsletter has Chris Davidson wining the last 1999 race. I know I OCR scanned that page from the snail mail letter, but I can't find the original mail. I thought that Robert included the results spreadsheet in the newsletter mail back then. I wonder if any other pack rats might still have that 1999 ROMCO SLMS snail mail around?

Kris Frost.

After finding more old 1999 stuff (results, Robert's newsletters) packed away in a folder, here is the 1999 ROMCO schedule with winners (some winners I do not know):

April 10th Thunder Hill - John David, Jr.

May 8th Houston - David Lege

May 22nd San Antonio - Tommy Grimes

June 12th Thunder Hill (rained out - made up on Sept 4th) - ?

July 3rd Thunder Hill (this one seems to have been canceled - it is missing from the June 12, Kyle entry form)

July 17th San Antonio - Chris Davidson

August 14th San Antonio - Tommy Grimes

August 28th Houston - ?

October 23 San Antonio - Chris Davidson

I think Freddy Fryar told me he last raced in 86- 87 season, I might be wrong with the years, but he also said it was an All Pro race. Does anyone know when the last All Pro race was ran here? Wish we could have them back, especially with the short schedule they have this year. I emailed a NASCAR media coordinator and ask if All pro would come to SAS, he said Ted Carlson would have to work on a deal with NASCAR in order to bring them here. Was this owner at the banquet?

Here are the ROMCO SLM Series results from their 1999 season. My longtime friend Mike Haag of The San Antonio Express-News had them tucked away in his records.

An interesting fact: John David, Jr. won the last TIDA LM Series race (Longhorn Speedway, 10/4/97) and won the first ROMCO SLM Series race (Thunder Hill Speedway, 4/11/99).

4/11/99 -- Thunder Hill Raceway -- John David, Jr.

5/8/99 -- Houston Speedway -- David Lege'

5/22/99 -- San Antonio Speedway -- Tommy Grimes

7/3/99 -- Thunder Hill Raceway -- Ralph Burris, Jr.

7/17/99 -- San Antonio Speedway -- Chris Davidson

8/14/99 -- San Antonio Speedway -- Tommy Grimes

8/28/99 -- Houston Speedway -- Chris Davidson

9/4/99 -- Thunder Hill Raceway -- Chris Davidson

10/23/99 -- San Antonio Speedway -- Chris Davidson

Top 10 1999 Point Standings

1) Greg Davidson

2) Chris Davidson

3) David Lege'

4) Darren Ellis

5) Ralph Burris, Jr

6) Robert Mullins

7) Doug Lege'

8) Kenny Bumbera

9) Tommy Grimes

10) Mark Schultz

Nick Holt

Jason,

Well, we finally have all the combined ROMCO / TIDA LM winners for ya... Thanks to all who have contributed to this effort.

The only part of the record that's partially missing is during 1998, the year between the TIDA and ROMCO. We are missing the winner of the 4/11/98 race at Longhorn.

Nick Holt

I'm not positive,but I think that it was Jay Watson. I know that I was at the last race when Watson lost a tire and John David Jr won the final TIDA race. I think that the next time that they came down Watson came in and won the show for revenge because the track owed him one.

Does anyone have the records for the GART series which ran through 1987?

I believe they raced in Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado and Wyoming. I know they raced at Twin Cities in Odessa and Altus Speedway in Oklahoma in 1987 and I believe they also ran at the old Amarillo track.

Archived