Hobby Stock Traveling Series

firemdk

budman, you are allright, this is what my point has been all along. we don't need no t.o.b.a. series or no other traveling series to cost more money to join, save that money to use for fuel when you want to go to another track, heck guy's, support the track at home, then concider going to another track. what keeps the track open is car count, what helps to build car count is what authur, mr. and mrs. huff and i do every week. thats taking our car or cars to some store ( home depot, lowes, texas roadhouse, hooters, tractor supply, etc. ) it don't matter. if they are a sponsor or not, if you can talk them into displaying your car one day out of a week, you never know what you may run accross. sponsorships, support and hustling for spectators or fans to come out and support you at the track or whatever, you now have become not only your own promoter, but also you are promoting the track and the business where you display your car. a lot of parts houses would love to have you and your car at their store, they may even give you something for your car, in return for your effort. i'm not the smartest guy around by no meens, but i do know this has worked for me. i love racing and will do my best to make sure i have a track to run, and if we can get the track owners to fix a few things in our classes so i can run, i would love to do my part. del #1 pro stock,hmp

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Brent

I wanna let you in on a little speed secret. I have it on the front of my car and all the Huff cars have it towards the back. Its wortk about 1 second off your lap time and about 50 HP. We don't hide it, it is in plain site. If you really wanna know, ask and I will tell you.

Arthur

Offended, I think it's great. I almost said it must be a huff sticker. I think you guys are fast there is not doubt about it. I think we would all have more fun with alot of cars on the track and I would like to see that happen. All is good, life is wonderful and all that happy stuff. I can't wait to come and run into all you guys on the 7th. I'm going to win the race just because I'm going to knock everyone else out of the way as you come by me.....ha ha ha ha.....just kidding. Hey let me know when the next meet and greet is for a promo. I've got to go and pick up the bando I bought my kid but let's get this class rolling.

B.

hey authur, no offence but, this next race you might want to put about 10 of those 50 hp stickers all over your car, cause your gonna need'em to keep from being lapped, he he he, not kiddin, if you need some money to buy'em, let me know, a friend of mine is a banker.

hey arthur,

be careful if del is planning on lapping the field, you had better get out of his way or you might end up on your top doing roundy rounds down the track. That would make some pretty cool in car camera?! Just messing with you del. Looking forward to the 7th. Work hasn't allowed me to come out for a while.

B.

buy the way your right brent, he gets in my way and i'll make him look like a turtle doing the back stroke all the way down the front stretch in that green machine, ha ha. you need to tell whoever is working you so hard that it is break time, get that blue thunder back out there to the track. i need to see your back bumper, no, not with you out front, but being lapped. hurry up and get back out there, just poking fun, del!!!

ninja breakdancing turtle...that's a rockin name for his car. We'll be out on the 6th at night and the 7th. Think I've got some of the bugs worked out of the car. I put these really neat extenstions in my wheels that when I get up next to somebody I just hit a button and the saw comes out and cuts their tires down. I'm hoping that it works and doesn't crash me also. The way arthur is running we need to take all the stickers off his car and see what happens.

Be cool, stay cool goto work. I'll catch you guys the 7th.

b.

how about some of kyle bunch? i can't be at kyle this weekend, but i sure would like to make ya'lls race after this one. some of guy's get with jack and come over to hmp on 7/7 race so we can see how much difference there is between our cars, if nothing less, we would love to have a big show. bring it on, we ain't scared, well maybe, but it'll be fun. del # 1 hmp pro stock / hobby stock or whatever they call us!!!

yes ya'll did bring out your street stocks and ran with our hobbies and kicked our butt's, now we want to run with the kyle hobbies and road runners to see where were at. ya'lls ss had more cam, camel hump heads, camaro's and allowed more suspention than we could run, but ya'll did a great job and we had a blast. hope the track tech and classes can come together on the rules maybe for next season, so we can travel on our off day's, thanks for responding. del

yes ya'll did bring out your street stocks and ran with our hobbies and kicked our butt's, now we want to run with the kyle hobbies and road runners to see where were at. ya'lls ss had more cam, camel hump heads, camaro's and allowed more suspention than we could run, but ya'll did a great job and we had a blast. hope the track tech and classes can come together on the rules maybe for next season, so we can travel on our off day's, thanks for responding. del

Yea...I am sure that #1 nova had much more suspension than your cars....if you think the suspension is sitting in the drivers seat. I have seen its STOCK suspension...and looked all at its motor...and I doubt that motor would have been enough to win in toba...but if saying that stuff is what you have to do to feel better go ahead...lol

....oh...I know what it was...it was the 2bbl......lol

o.k. aj, you got me, that nova was just stock, but we both know that nova's handle better than a metric car right off the bat. i could have sworn i seen camel hump heads and that cam in that car was awsome, wished we could run more cam, but then we wouldn't have hobby stocks. the 70 car, a nova that ran pretty good with the street stocks from kyle had his car set up and it handled better than our's. we have since work to better our suspention on the metric cars and they do handle better, but the kyle cars still have more motor, that and the fact that some of us never had ran asphalt before last years season. i guess you could say we were not experienced drivers like you, you could probably win in your old toba car. one thing that we do like about our track is the fact that they do not tollerate rough driving, our last race went 40laps green with no cautions, that don't alway's happen, but we don't have any drivers in our class that just want to tearup anybody else's car, let alone theirs. there are some contact at times, but you can bet it wasn't on purpose. our class also helps each other to make sure everyone gets to race, if you break in the hot laps and anyone else knows about it, we all pull together and try to fix your car. we, like the track owners, want a good show with lots of cars. speaking of t.o.b.a., where are they running now? thanks del

camel hump heads yes

stock carb yes

a car that would get thru the corner absolutely.

it is not all about who has the most motor. if you can get thru the corner faster than anyone else you will be faster than most.

the last time i ran with yall last year i did not break 4000 rpms till after i took the lead. i have a video and i took times of the corners and i was atleast a half second faster thru the corners than anyone else on the track at the time.

maybe i had more motor maybe not. i did not have a aluminum highrise intake or a 4 barrel like some did

you do have a good car, but you are a good driver also, my problem is, i'm still trying to learn asphalt, getting better each race, just ain't there yet, you could also pull us down the staights, ya'll do have a little more h.p., i did enjoy the race with ya'll. i think you ran there more than once, would like to see you back. thanks del

Still worried about motor....arent you guys allows the 602 crate motor with high rise intake and vortec heads? those are much better than camel humps and even then the stock heads you allow are 68 cc....camels...64 big difference lol. I have never understood why people just cant admit they were beat, and not make excuses about how they are cheating or had a better car. I am not sure why you are asking me about toba but...I do have an opinion. Toba had internal problems mainly Stephan (sorry man...but i still like you) and we got a little to far from stock. But that is not the reason I think they failed. They failed because todays racers only say they want competition but they dont.....Toba had to have local track participation to work....and when we started going to tracks and the locals could barely crack the top ten....then they would not run when we came back. Instead of trying harder and working on there cars they complained. And made excuses about beadlocks (which only a few had) and other trivial stuff... I get the feeling most racers today feel they are entitled to win if they bought a fast car with a good motor and payed someone to set it up, they dont think they should learn to drive and set up a car before they have a chance to win. Like when toba went to edna....by then we had to run with a tracks street stock class just to get cars.....they had aftermarket heads and intakes big racing tires.....I didnt complain we tried (got 3rd) I worked on the setup....went back a little later and won with my legal Hobby stock against there streets.

Now not sure if you were directing the rough driving stuff on me (not sure why this was even brought up) But I ran the same car in Toba for three years and only bent 1 tie rod on the whole car. But one of the worst tracks for rough driving I remember was Hot rod hill...and if I remember you were flagman right? Who better to eliminate that...lol Sorry for the book...... and have fun at Huff hill, hope you make it to thr...I might come watch good luck...

Camel Hump heads, 488+ solod lift cam, aluminum high rise intake, and he didn't have as much motor as TOBA cars? If I put camel hump heads on my 450 lift motor, I would have a lot more power, so please don't tell me they have less motor. They are also allowed 3 link rear suspension, and I think they can move shocks. But you can't tell me that motor does not make a difference. If you get in my car which has been handling pretty damn good, and run a 16.5, and then put your motor in it, you will run a 16.2 or better. Sean's Nova was the best running car in our class last year, he has YEARS of experience, and he still ran over 1/2 a second behind your guys, and finished in 9th or 8th. MOTOR DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE in our cars when you are getting all the power to the ground. But you are right, it don't make a difference if the car is not set up. Seans car was setup and you still lapped him. Look, this is a dead issue people, we are not super stocks, they are not hobby stocks. We don't race together, maybe in the NEAR future we can get the rules closer together, we are all working on that. But to get on here and argue is crazy. We have been talking to Jack and maybe we can work it out, maybe not. As of right now, we all need to work on making sure we have a track to race at instead of what class we race. Del, give me a call, I gotta ask you something.

I am only talking about a car I know....Dales car had a HYD. cam and a stock intake....stock suspension (with stock non racing shocks) I have ran both heads camels and open....not much difference....neither are as good as vortecs. I stand behind what I have said...you guys were beat by a good driver and car..not motor.

Archived