new approach

thumper

I am hearing many ideas how to get the bullring hopping again.Friday nite is not good,eariler time to start is bad,too hot and the sun is a problem.

To me the answer is and has been simple.Improve the show itself and make it fun.How?First,everyone needs to turn their car into a character.Pick something that reflects your philosiphy or relates to your car or personality.Then lets turn the race into a show,like wrestling does.This character thing does work,I defy anyone to say otherwise.My biggest fans are kids and they know who Thumper is,Bambies buddy.Hook the kids and you got the parents.They relate to him and cheer him on.EVERY CAR AT CC SPEEDWAY needs to also be a personality of some kind and promote that character.It works for Dwarf cars,nobody remembers the drivers but never forget Tweety bird,Sylvester,Yosemety Sam and the like.With the characters,the announcer can really ham up the stories to go with the program.And all the racers will love to be in character,it takes away the seriousness of the race and becomes FUN.The only way CC is going to grow is to sell the idea its a fun place to be.The announcer needs another person to carry on a conversation with,preferrably someone a little goofey like oldtimer to add another point of view and keep the entertainment moving and funny at times..

Its now or never boys to get on board and become showmen rather than trying to be NASCAR drivers.The biggest crowed in recent events at RGS was when Steve Austins truck made an apperence.He was not there,only his truck and the track was a sellout.Our character cars can attract attention away from the track too.

Wrestling sells a fake fighting show and even now admits the fighting is fake but the performances are real and the characters are fun and let the fans use some imagination.And they sell out almost everywhere they go.We have a real show with real danger and excitment so pumping it up should be easier than a pretend show.CC Speedway has the unique oppourtunity to re-invent the racing program right now and it will not cost a dime.It will only work if EVERYONE gets on board and becomes an actor and play the character of their choice.This is what will seperate CC from the dirt track.Face it we dont have the kind of race that modified cars have.But we dont need it.We just need a new show.Let the cars be the stars and sell the characters.When new fans do show up they can pick a character to relate to.The same old show will not survive and has already closed many tracks.

This post is for the people at CC Speedway only and others do not need to get involved.We are on a mission.I cant make the meeting tonight but will be there in spirit.Heck we can even dress up the cars to be in character too.Nobody has the guts to try this at other tracks but remember that in the 40s wresteling almost died until a guy named Georgus George appeared in character with fancy dress and blaintent character antics and redefined the entire show.The rest is history.

Shawn,Im sorry you took your story off the site,I thought it was a moving story and really did define exactly why we all work so hard and suffer so many hardships for so little reward.Its easy to find reasonds to not be a racer but hard to justify it.You explained very well how a good nite can erase all the bad luck and long hours and give the racer a feeling like nothing else can.Spider needs a name.So does that green horse tail wagger.Charley,you and your Dad make the most perfect Foghorn Loghorn and Chicken Halk I ever saw.Heck,I could make names for every one.What do we have to loose?Lets all be thesbians. Let the show begin.

gb for the first time in along time i agree with you on doing something crazy ..cant hurt ..but i just dont know how to take that oldtimer gooffy thingy .......come to think aboult it hooligans are trying..all race tracks need to come up with something different ..race is not the theme any more .if so the stands would be full and young poeple would be knocking themselfs out building cars ..see what nopi has done ... just dont care for some of the stuff they do as for as the young are concerned ....the hot dog race is always fun ..some how we need to get the fans involved ...

yep yep just call me the OGER in a bug,,,,,, sorry,,,,,,,,,, the flying BUG

hell with that thingamagiggy on top of that yellow sub you could name it Hairlip Annie ..lol GB THE GREAT BOOMBA .. LAP DOG LALO .SLAMING SHARK SANDOVAL ..PAPPY FLAPPING TAIL GREENE ... DRILLING GILPINS ..OH NO THEY DONT RACE THERE .... DIPSTICK KELLY ...

What about the monster truck shows, and latemodels, trucks, asphalt mods, and TPS. That seemed to fill the stands up before. And what about ASA and USAC Midgets? Kyle did it why couldnt ccms? Because do people really want to see the same cars race around the track they have watched for the last 30 years, prolly not. Its going to take alot to sway those fans from the dirt track because that track flat has it going on. Its fast, its loud, and its different. They have a good show and thats what puts people in the stands. And they have dollar beers.

what u need is a good ole truck and tractor pull... u have the room on the front stretch... the only problems with shows like monster trucks, tractor pulls and others is that most shows like that the track has to pay to have them and pray enough fans show up to break even.... i do agree with gb though ... no body remembers my name but when i mention i drove a green mustang at cc they always say wasnt that shrek?.... so it does work... i know what gb will say "kennemer u went to limiteds and gave up on minis" but one of the reasons i changed was i couldnt afford to keep up with the pack and the pack was getting smaller so i went to where the cars where and it was suppose to be a stock even race ... was i wrong in thinking anything in racing is stock or even..lol well the old coot makes sense , get the kids involved which gets there parents involved and then the kids grow up and bring there kids to show them what they loved and then what u know a whole new fan base and new generations of racers and fans..... :ph34r:

Charley,you and your Dad make the most perfect Foghorn Loghorn and Chicken Halk I ever saw.Heck,I could make names for every one.What do we have to loose?Lets all be thesbians. Let the show begin.

:lol: GB we both know how worked up that Big Loghorn can get, now i need to get a differnt Chacter cuz instead of Chicken hawk pulling Loghorn around it will be the other way around. :D , Maybe i'll come to your level and become the Legend Killer... I know, I know, before i become it, I have to catch it. lol.

Archived