Milka Duno - A Texas Cowgirl from Venezuela!

A Texas Cowgirl. . . From Venezuela

IndyCar Series rookie driver Milka Duno soaked up the Texas culture Tuesday as she was a guest of Texas Motor Speedway and spent the afternoon at Billy Bob’s Texas.

During her visit, Duno was fitted with a Charlie 1 Horse cowboy hat and Lucchese boots that she received as a gift from Texas Motor Speedway. In addition, Duno received some roping lessons from former Miss Rodeo America and co-owner of Billy Bob’s Texas Pam Minick.

After Minick spent time with Duno providing instruction, Duno took the rope in her hands and lassoed in the artificial steer stationed inside the arena. Prior to her roping lesson, Duno came face-to-face with "Big Jake" the Texas Longhorn steer and even climbed up on top of the steer for some interaction.

"This is the first time I’ve ever done anything like this and it was really fun," Duno said."I like to do different things and this was really fun to get to learn how to rope and see a steer up close.The boots and cowboy hat they gave me were really nice and it was a very nice surprise. I definitely want to come back to Billy Bob’s again soon."

Duno will be making her first career start at Texas Motor Speedway in Saturday evening’s Bombardier Learjet 550k. It will be the third start of her rookie campaign as she has competed at Kansas and the Indianapolis 500. Duno finished 14th in her IndyCar Series debut at Kansas and 31st in the Indy 500 due to an accident. Duno will be joining Danica Patrick and Sarah Fisher to make history this weekend as three women will compete

for the first time in an IndyCar Series race at TMS.

"Personally, I want to just have a good race," Duno said."People say that this is a very good race track and that it is very fast. I will be able to tell more when practice starts on Thursday. My goal is to learn the most I can this weekend."

Photo courtesy of TMS Media Relations

Milka Duno twirls that rope like a pro...

post-3-1181158437_thumb.jpg

Archived