Texas Pro Sedans on June 9th

TPS races at THR on June 9th

San Antonio, Texas

The Texas Pro Sedans will hold the third event of their 2007 racing season at Thunder Hill Raceway in Kyle, Texas on Saturday night June 9th. The event is a make-up date for the May 26th race which was rained out. The event will be the second of seven TPS series races hosted by Thunder Hill Raceway during the 2007 racing season.

The Texas Pro Sedans racing format will consist of 2 Qualifying Heat races at approximately 5:45pm followed by a 20 Lap Feature Race at approximately 8:00pm for the four cylinder Texas Pro Sedan series stock cars.

A strong field of 28 TPS drivers have filed their entry for the June 9th special event. Included in the race

entry list is defending TPS Champion, Donnie Moore of Hutto, Texas. Moore will be driving a new tube framed George Merrell #10 VW Scirocco in his first race of the 2007 season. Also returning to TPS racing action is Bill LaBarge of Bryan in his #27 BMW. LaBarge won the first race of the TPS season at San Antonio Speedway. At the controls of the #74 VW Scirocco is John Wasek of Austin who missed the first two 2007 TPS races, but his car is now race ready.

Highlighting the field, the best four drivers in TPS points standings have filed their entrys. Holding down first place in point standings is Sergio Hexsel of Live Oak. He won the last race at THR and will compete in his familiar #20 VW Rabbit. Trailing Hexsel by only six points is Lalo Leal of Corpus Christi. He will drive his #26 Ford Mustang-svo. The two third place drivers who are tied for TPS Rookie of the year points, #70 Mike Merrell of Kingsland and #85 Ja Lane of Houston will compete in the June 9th TPS race at THR.

Associate TPS race sponsors on June 9th are: Richard & Bea Villanueva, Nelson Skinner, Attorney at Law, Randy Larsen Air Cooled Race Engines and Custom Control Modules of San Antonio thru Mark O’Donnell.

In addition to the TexasPro Sedan series, a very full racing program featuring the Texas Super Racing Series (TSRS), ASA Pro Late Models, Texas Dwarf cars and Lone Star Allison Legacy’s will headline the nights racing program. Also on the race schedule are all Thunder Hill Raceway classes: A-Line Stock Super Stocks, Thunder Stocks and Grand Stocks are all scheduled to compete on June 9th at the 3/8 mile asphalt Thunder Hill Raceway, D shaped oval in Kyle, Texas.

Thunder Hill Raceway will announce time adjustments a few days before race day to specify the pits opening time on Friday for optional practice and the Saturday, June 9 hourly schedule.

For further TPS information contact:

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

c/o 3222 Leyte Drive

San Antonio, TX.78217-4018

210/ 655-3222 Phone & Fax

210/ 365-3221 Cell Phone

neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND ..MAY A FORD FINALY GET A WIN ..SERGIO MAN GET YOURSELF WELL THOSE GUYS NEED YOU .... YOU KNOW I HAD A DREAM A BUG WON ONE THIS WEEK ..BUT LIKE I SAID IT WAS A DREAM ..NO NIGHTMARE ..... LOL ..GOOD LUCK TO THE BUGS .YOUR TIME IS COMEING ...JUST DONT KNOW WHEN ....CARRY ON ...

HEY OT I HAD THE SAME DREAM....LOL...ONLY TWO MORE DAYS TILL WE HAVE A BUG IN THE WINNERS CIRCLE AGAIN.

YEA YOURS WAS A DREAM BUT MINE WAS A NIGHTMARE ..COULD YOU JUST SEE THE HEAD LINES ALL OVER THE WORLD . ......... HEADLINE NEWS ...THE REBIRTH OF A DINOSAUR . SEEMS TWO POEPLE IN TEXAS HAD THE SAME DREAM .. ONE CLAIMED IT WAS A NIGHTMARE .AND THE OTHER CLAIMED HIS DREAM WAS SWEET ...... I COULD GO ON BUT ILL LET YOU ADD TO THIS .. :D

HEY OT I HAD THE SAME DREAM....LOL...ONLY TWO MORE DAYS TILL WE HAVE A BUG IN THE WINNERS CIRCLE AGAIN.

I have to agree with you, though the bug in my dream was black and silver with 78 on it. And the fans were all screaming "PIPSQUEEK, PIPSQUEEK, PIPSQUEEK!!!". :lol::lol:B)

I have to agree with you, though the bug in my dream was black and silver with 78 on it. And the fans were all screaming "PIPSQUEEK, PIPSQUEEK, PIPSQUEEK!!!". :lol::lol:B)

HEY DUDE I NAMED YOU THAT ...SO IF THEY SCREAM THAT NAME OUT LOULD I WANT MY CUT ..YOU GOT IT ..YOU THINK MAYBE WE WILL BE ABLE TO MARKET THAT NAME ..

HEY DUDE I NAMED YOU THAT ...SO IF THEY SCREAM THAT NAME OUT LOULD I WANT MY CUT ..YOU GOT IT ..YOU THINK MAYBE WE WILL BE ABLE TO MARKET THAT NAME ..

Haha, we'll see. Mitsubishi tried getting "out" trademarked, so I don't see why not, lol.

bugin2race95: You asked, "NeilTPS...... on the rules for TPS on weight,,, aircool gets 15% off ,,,,if I have a OEM frame is that 5% too 15%+5%=20% is this right?"

In a word - YES - after you multiply 1,1 lbs x your engine cc displacement - then - take the weight break deductions as you stated.

You left side percentage will depend upon whether your car an OEM or tube frame.

The complete 2007 TPS Rules and Specifications are available on www.TexasProSedand.com

Thanks for your interest in TPS.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222

Archived