Octoberfast & C.C. Speedway Bombers

whatsup

The easiest way to go from Corpus is to come up I37 till you get close to town. Next turn would be to go West on 410 (left) exit #133 You stay on 410 untill you get to the Hwy 16 (Poteet) exit. 49 once you get to the light make a left and about 2 miles down the road on the right will be San Antonio Speedway.

In answer to your other questions . . .

My two hotel recommendations would be either the LaQuinta-South Park at 7202 S. Panam Expressway (on IH 35 & SW Military Drive) or the Best Western at 3602 SE Military Drive (IH 37 & SE Military). Neither is really close to the track --- MSN maps shows LaQuinta as 9 miles away, and Best Western is 16 miles from the track. However, the Best Western is kinda on your way to and from Corpus. If you're coming from Corpus, continue going south on IH37 (US281) past Loop 410 until the next exit (SE Military Drive), which is about another 1.5 miles. You'll see the Best Western on the right, and you take SE Military East. Does anyone know of any closer hotels?

As far as parking, it's free! For big events such as Oktober'FAST', parking for trailers, etc., is usually done outside the track and not in the pits. I may be wrong on this one??

I just need to make one correction to Marc's previous post about the distance on Highway 16 from Loop 410 . . . it's a bit more than two miles, I think! The website shows 3.5 miles, and the MSN.com map shows 5.9 miles (way too much??). When you start seeing fireworks stands on the right, you're getting close, whatever the distance. I've driven it for over 20 years, and I can't really tell you the actual distance!

We welcome all of you to SAS from Corpus Christi. I remember the Bombers put on a good show last year, and I met some really nice folks in the stands.

I hope my answers help somewhat!

Archived