Low car counts

Trailerman

We atteneded Super Chevy this past weekend and I was surprised to see the car counts were extremly low, not only for the drag racers but show cars as well. Usually S/C in Houston is huge turn out.

We are noticing this in all differant forms of racing here in Texas.

My guess...........economy/jobs

We drag raced the allstar race truck....not very fast but consistant...too bad it rained out sunday that ol yeller "roundy round" truck would have been sending some drag cars back to the trailer!!!! :D

P.S. From the top of the transporter it sure looked like asphalt goin down on the dirt track on the other side, unless they had a new shipment of some kind of black dirt .....any one heard any rumors????

Joe

From the top of the transporter it sure looked like asphalt goin down on the dirt track on the other side, unless they had a new shipment of some kind of black dirt .....any one heard any rumors????

Joe, Haven't heard anything but the same "old" rumor. LOL I do know that the HRP dirt track still has a big 3-day show in November--Texas Grand and a World Of Outlaws show in Oct. So I doubt they were paving it, but hey stranger things have happened. I'd guess it was a new layer of Houston's black gumbo clay for the big shows coming up.

Hey, It was fun....ol yeller turned 13:17 on the quarter at 103mph...very consistant and cut very good lights. The bracket cars are allrunnin automatics w small convertors with high stalls for good hole shots. The big convertors these run basically just give you poor 60ft times. Talk about getting into racers helmets......they will basicaly give you the win light "AINT NO ROUNDY ROUND DUDE GONNA TRAILER ME" wanna bet? LOL

Joe

Archived