WIND TUNNEL

gundogC3

Dale, Sr., was and is the best stock car driver ever (though a nod should go to David Pearson), but "Wonder Boy" is still driving, and still getting better. Which means, we don't really know yet who will rank as the best of all time. It's all subjective, anyway.

Of course, Gordon did beat Dale heads up in some important races, including their one-two Daytona 500 finish...

NO CONTEST...DALE SR

No contest?

Let's see, they raced against eachother from 1993-2000. Keep in mind Gordon did tear up a lot of cars the first season or two.

Championships - Gordon 3, Earnhardt 2

Victories - Gordon 52, Earnhardt 23

Top 5's - Gordon 129, Earnhardt 101

Top 10's - Gordon 166, Earnhardt 160

Daytona 500 Victories - Gordon 3, Earnhardt 1

World/Coca-Cola 600 Victories - Gordon 3, Earnhardt 3 (None after Gordon's Rookie year)

Southern 500 Victories - Gordon 5 (Including 4 in a row), Earnhardt 3 (0 after Gordon)

Brickyard Victories - Gordon 4 total (2 after 2000), Earnhardt 1

You're right.....NO CONTEST!!

Edited by PAPosse

Just like what was also said ....If Earnhardt had driven for Rick H. Just Imagine how many wins, championship's Sr would of had.....and Rick H said that himself..he (Sr) also gave hendrick it first ever victory in nascar.

Edited by GUNDOG33

Just like what was also said ....If Earnhardt had driven for Rick H. Just Imagine how many wins, championship's Sr would of had.....and Rick H said that himself..he (Sr) also gave hendrick it first ever victory in nascar.

That's why it's impossible to really compare them - different eras, different teams.

I thought Geoff Bodine won the first race for Hendrick back when the #5 had All Star Racing on it - around 1983

Edited by PAPosse

Nope, it was a bush race...they said when it was, but I caint remember..old age thing you know! Hendrick tried to sign him, but he was an upstart team, and Sr went with Childres instead.

Edited by GUNDOG33

Dale won a Busch race at Charlotte May 28, 1983, giving Hendrick it's first win.

Hendrick's first Cup win was with Geoff Bodine at Martinsville April 29, 1984.

Nope, it was a bush race...they said when it was, but I caint remember..old age thing you know! Hendrick tried to sign him, but he was an upstart team, and Sr went with Childres instead.

I just looked it up on hendrickmotorsports.com - gotta love the 'net!

May 28, 1983 - Mello Yello 300 at Charlotte. According to NASCAR.com it was a #15 Pontiac.

Bodine got the first Cup win in '84 at Martinsville.

Dale won a Busch race at Charlotte May 28, 1983, giving Hendrick it's first win.

Hendrick's first Cup win was with Geoff Bodine at Martinsville April 29, 1984.

And I should have read through the whole post again before my reply! :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Gorden is a much better driver than was big E.Gorden can move someone over with a delicate touch but big E just drove through them like Montoyoa is doing now.I only recently become a Gorden fan because anybody that can get people so fired up they do things to get arrested for ( throwing cans) can create the passion that has driven racing throughout the years.Without the passion racing might as well be golf or pool.The biggest reason for the failing tracks around the country is we have become too civilized.I remember one nite in Victoria around 1984 there was a big race with many classes running.There were hundreds of people in the pits and thousands in the stands.I remember getting ready for my feature when a giant mob went running to the wall to watch.I thought it was a big wreck but it was a fight between drivers on the track.That fight got more attention than any race.If I was a promoter I would think about this.Prehaps a Racing Derby similar to a Roller Derby?

Back on track,I believe the best overall driver today is Matt Kinseth,the best preforming team is Jimmy Johnson and the most successful driver is Gorden.The nicest drivers are Burton and Martin,the wildest driver is Kirt Bush and the driver with the least respect for others is without a doubt Montoya.

Montoya is a PUNK!!!!!!I don't know why everyone is being so nice to him(media included)The guy has 0 respect for anyone,not even his own team.Did you guys hear him go off on the radio at his crewchief when he was asked to give a position so the fenders could stay on the car?The guy is a lunatic and I for one hope a hotheaded racer gets fed up and shows him some good ole southern boy bumper hospitality!!!!!! :lol::o:D:P;)B)

That fight got more attention than any race.If I was a promoter I would think about this.Prehaps a Racing Derby similar to a Roller Derby?

humpy wheeler did just that, and created crash cars.......seems eveytime they show it on tv, the fans in the stands love it........

the wildest driver is Kirt Bush and the driver with the least respect for others is without a doubt Montoya.

i think kurt has calmed down and matured a bunch since he signed with penske...........his brother on the other hand is a little punk....kyle and pablo are poster boys for being punks, but montoya came from f1, and those drivers are pretty arrogant, so he just hasnt adapted to nascar's style yet.........

Your right,I meant Kyle not Kirt.Nothing like a big old Bubba Cop to calm a person down.I cant wait for "Montoya meets Bubba" That ought to sell tickets.

I think it was more the thought of wearing pink jail suit and underware...

Even better was when the cop told him he hadn't heard of him and didnt care...

Montoya is a PUNK!!!!!!I don't know why everyone is being so nice to him(media included)The guy has 0 respect for anyone,not even his own team.Did you guys hear him go off on the radio at his crewchief when he was asked to give a position so the fenders could stay on the car?The guy is a lunatic and I for one hope a hotheaded racer gets fed up and shows him some good ole southern boy bumper hospitality!!!!!! :lol::o:D:P;)B)

I heard that too... "hill nooooo, hilll noooo!!! Youz wants me to do dat, hilll noooo!!! Find nother driver if you wants me to do dat... hilllll noooo!"

I kept waiting for the crew chif to say... "OK, park it you pompous $%#%$#!" but oh well... Where is Jimmy Spenser when you need him. ;)