How is new SA track coming?

mudpacker

Txenergyman,

So how is your track coming. Did you get those couple of signatures for the property that you needed? Is it blueprinted yet? When is the groundbreaking? Hope all is still on.

I'm not Txenergyman but yes we are getting everything done on a good time frame. Thanks For asking,,,, Yes everything is still on and going forward...

Txenergyman,

So how is your track coming. Did you get those couple of signatures for the property that you needed? Is it blueprinted yet? When is the groundbreaking? Hope all is still on.

I've been considering moving to Juarez to live. I have been to the dirt track in El Paso a few times and like it just fine. And there is another one in Las Cruces which is nearby. I was planning to get my pavement fixes at Odessa and SA only to find that both tracks were closed. What a disappointment. So I am glad to hear that another one is on the way. Chances are I'll attend some even if I don't move to Juarez. Good luck!

Sounds like you're willing to drive quite a distance to see some good short track racing. If that's the case, why have you not mentioned Thunderhill Raceway and Houston Motorsports park? You should check them. Both offer some great racing action.

Sounds like you're willing to drive quite a distance to see some good short track racing. If that's the case, why have you not mentioned Thunderhill Raceway and Houston Motorsports park? You should check them. Both offer some great racing action.

I'll second that on THR - went there for the 1st time for the NASCAR race and fully intend on getting back there at least a few more times as the personal schedule permits.

Also looking forward to seeing HMP.

I've driven from Lubbock to Knoxville TN to see a dirt track race. I've driven from Fort Worth to Indy for the 500 and I've rode a bus to the 500 too (won't be doing that again). Texas World Speedway was a twice a year trip from Lubbock and Amarillo and I've been to several Copper Worlds. Unfortunately, I haven't hit the lottery and the last time I filled up, it must have been the "best" gas I ever bought cause it was sure the highest.

I went to Houston for an ASA race about 3 years ago. Nice track.

I've been to Longhorn but not to Thunderhill. Thunderhill is the one in Kyle, right?

Archived