Press release from Freeman Motorsports

Received this from Freeman Motorsports, 9/16/03

Josh Freeman-23 yr old from Austin,Tx will be moving into the drivers seat of the #42 Freeman Motorsports-CarQuest Auto Parts-Alexander Roofing & Restoration-Ellis & Salazar Body Shop - AllStar Race Truck for the 2004 season. Josh started racing in 1988 in the River City(Austin) and San Antonio 1/4 Midget Associations-moving to Full size midgets in 1995 and Dwarf Cars in 2002. Josh has also been Crew Chief for his father Tommy for several years. When told of the move,Josh's comment was, "Well, I was told to get the ride, I had to earn it. I guess I finally did. I can't wait for 2004-I'm looking foward to racing with the great group of people in the AllStar Race Truck Series."

He said he wants it to be like the old days when I was driving and he was watchin. I think he has had more fun watching me go around the track, but I dont know maybe he'll jump on here and say. But I can't wait until I take those first few laps in the truck. Plus we tried the two car team idea before and it just didnt work out cause one of the cars that should have been getting the attention was getting as much as it should and its performance fell off. But I cant wait now for the 2004 season so i can go have fun.

I will be there no matter what happens. We got the motor tore down and took the heads to get checked. I hope to be ordering all parts today so i can have them in here quickly so we can race this weekend. But whatever happens I will be at the track on Saturday. If we make it and do race try to save us a spot so we can park next to each other.

Archived