MICHAEL WALTRIP @ TALADEGA

ratdaddy

Mikey missed the show by .009 of a second. Ah well

I'm not a Mikey fan - but it's total BS - he has a top 20 car and qualified it there....so did a few others....I understand "protecting" the guys who are in the field every week, but how can you get in the field with the rules the way they are.

NASCAR isn't putting the best field of cars out there - not if its based on qualifying....

Does it really sound fair that Michael Waltrip did not make the race when he was faster than 22 of the drivers that were locked into the race? Why is it that NASCAR catered to the sponsor crowd by making this top 35 rule when racing has always been about the fastest and the bestest. We are not seeing that in Cup anymore. Ironically, all of the non qualifiers for tomorrows race just happened to be quicker than some of those holding top 35 spots. This is another rule NASCAR has come up with that causes me to slowly lose any desire I had to watch them. The other is the lucky dog rule. NASCAR will go the way of CART and IRL if they don't start catering to the real fans because the TV crowd who never smelled burned rubber or race car exhaust is slowly tiring of what they are seeing. Check the ratings on Jayski.com after each race. This year, every race is down from last years viewing and only one equaled last years audience. Sponsors watch that. Give me ASA, All Pro, and the local guys any day.

Dano36 :rolleyes:

Hey guys,

Remember this is an impound race so the top 35 only worried about race setup and not qualifying. The non top 35 guys had to qualify so I would bet they weren't concerned with race setup so I would assume that is why so many of the top 35 were beaten. Anyways, I don't like the top 35 rule and I work for Napa so you can guess how I feel!

todd

Archived