thr

ups88john

another good nite of racing at thr, the dwarf car race was fun, they were 4 wide for about 2 laps at one point, those little guys allways put on a good show. the legacy race was ok, only 8 cars i believe, but second and third were catching the leader with about 3 to go. the hobby stock race was good with the 83 and the 15 looking on the high side of the 19 car several times, but never got around him. the ss race was good as usual, 18 or so cars, points leaders in the back. carey stapp got through traffic and climbed up to 6 or 7 i think, bobby teer couldnt get around the 02 car and that is where he finished. lynn peirce won, but was dq'ed for sway bar bushings or something like that, giving the crazy horse shawn paul lehman the win. the lm race was kinda weird, stewart and reeder made contact on the pace laps, taking out stewarts tire. that put reeder on the pole, and on the drop of the green, reeder found he had a flat right rear as well. after changing a tire, reeder made quick work of the field and was on vacation at about lap 10. a good nite for all the racers, and officials at thr. i would like to thank thr for putting on the best show in texas, they just need to figure out how to get people there.

big john

If it still cost $12 to through the gate that might be part of the problem geting fans in. The track might have Great racing but will people pay that much. I know people will say that we discussed this problem before so I'll stop right HERE.

To: Nick, Chuck, or the other journalist on here,

Has there been any news stroies about the orange/white #2 that races at THR regularly? It finally occurred to me where I have seen that paint scheme before....and it was a long time ago! Talk about racing roots, sounds to me like a great news worthy article could be brewing for this racer and his racing roots. I saw his grandpa in the stands Saturday....looking very proud and healthy as well. I hope someone will do an article on him.

Thanks, Mel

• 2 weeks later...

i watched the 1985 (i think) Daytona 500 on speed channel (nascar classics) and the dave marcus car was painted just like bobby,s car. i would have to guess that is probably where it originally came from. just thought i would throw this info out there

dc

Archived