Just a couple questions

First, thanks for having a track for us to race at! Second, congrads on what appeared to be a really good night of racing. As far a questions go I have only a couple. It looks like the new street stock class is starting off pretty good espicially since some of the asphalt cars have chosen to come over. I was glad to see that, we are finishing our own street stocker and will have it out in a few weeks. With the additional cars coming over are we going by the rule book as of right now or has there been given a grace period to allow some of these cars to still race until a deadline? Only reason why we are asking is because we noticed tires, exhaust systems and other minor infractions on some cars. By the way I am all for a grace period to help accomidate the asphalt cars coming over but I do think it should only be a few weeks if any is given. Again good job of racing you may think about enlarging the pits because it was very tight with all them cars.

Since you are probably not talking about Us, let me be the first to say that we did change to Steel intake, 500 cfm carb and were running dirt tires. Had we run are aluminum intake which we found out would be allowed it might have been a different story... (who knows)

This being said, they should allow a two week grace period, last week being one. So one more week and changes should be done... As Chad mentioned, we also bought a beadlocker...

Oh, almost forgot... Changed exhaust to be legal as well...

I am not interested in who is legal and who isnt, that is the tech mans job. I am asking this question because I want to protect our investment which was based on rules from several weeks ago. Plus we have just as many other parts to bolt on if this turns into a run what you brung class. Already based on your comments I guess its legal to run aluminum intakes? If thats true then everyone needs to know that, what kind and type can we run? Congrads on swapping your parts, isnt that what you were supposed to do anyway? BTW I think some did just simply put on dirt tires. Rules say G 60. Please clearify if we can run any tread design and any manufactor. Thanks...

You know, I agree with you. Let Us know what we can change back... We don't plan on going back to Asphalt any time soon, but if we can run the aluminum intake we might swap back. One question to add, if someone is running the aluminum intake they should have a 350 cfm carb correct. A street can only run a 500 cfm if they are running a stock steel intake or is that wrong?

Thanks in advance as well...

the rules can get thrown way out of hand if cross breeding becomes aloud.its like saying(MINES AUTOMATIC),but just how stock is that automatic?what size is that converter? is it direct drive perhapes? whats that valve in the presure line for?same deal on the intake,ANY ALUMINUM?..if outside cars are running there rules,DID ANYONE LOOK AT THERE RULES???? the sas intakes we all know are junk.then it had a high dollar small carb on them.is that what was run,bet not.i am all for the more the marrier,but dont penalize a regular that built to the rules,and remember what was said at the meetings about adjustments.if someone like the DANIELSONs are building to tri city rules then see unfair advantages,they feel cheated before they hit the track.LET ALL KNOW WHAT IS GRANTED.then its not that one can do it and the next wonders why he cant.i agree WEIGHT is the best penalty.but dont let the race vehicle go to there pit spot then the scales.its almost friday!frank t

We are new to dirt, but not racing...

I know that the question is one of a car being built and I fully understand. As I mentioned we arent taking it personal because we have made changes, but that being said; I don't recall to many of the dirt cars making changes to run at SAS. I know Chico and everyone at Tri-City are busy, hopefully they can address the fact that there is now a mixture of dirt/asphalt vehicles... Yes to make it fair everyone should be running by the rules. The only thing I see that should be looked at is weight penalties if you havent changed your stuff.

Of course the track has the final word and say on rules but I called Chico and asked him personally. He stated any aluminum intake. No carb rule change. I also had tire questions due to seeing a couple of different tires being used last friday night. I was told any g60 tire. To me that is too veague of an answer and needs to be clearly stated exactly what we can run. No gray areas, please. I called Gary Swenson, told him about my conversation with Chico plus what I saw and he did say he would look into it and let me know. I will be happy to pass the word. I ask these questions because of my prior experiences. Espicially with this type of a class. It can turn into a sportsman class costing alot of money real quick. In my opinion this class should of been kept just a step above the pure stockers to help car count. Just remember the more a car costs the fewer cars overall you will have and this class is turning into a serious racecar class quickly. The only other thing I ask is to enforce the 3200lb weight limit. Regardless if your running a 305, a v6 or a v8, weight is the one thing that we cant overcome espicially when its several hundred lbs. The tighter the track enforces the rules the better it will be for everyone and the more cars will come throughout the year! Thats a fact! Good Luck....

This is what I was told about tires.

Any street or DOT tire is fine

5.5: Maximum tire width allowed is 8 inches.

5.6: Any IMCA pull offs or G-60 Street tire with 8” pattern are allowed.

asphalt tires would not work because there is no grooving allowed

Listen, I'm in agreement with you... If we can run it let us know and we will... We changed the intake under the assumption that the aluminum one would need to be changed in several weeks. If we can now run it and everyone else can too, then we probably will...

As far as weight, we were heavy Friday night. That was after loosing a bunch of fuel....

As far as tires, the same goes... If we can run it, tell Us and we will...

As I said, I agree with you... It should be as level of a playing field as possible... We are having a blast and want to continue doing it...

ok I talked with Gary Swenson who in returned got everything cleared up with Chico at the track.

In street stock class...

Aluminum intakes - Yes

Tires - Must be a Hoosier g60 or American Racer g60 or a legal street tire with 8 inch tread width. Thats it!

Dont go by a tire having a DOT, because there is alot of racing DOT tires out there and those are illegal.

Havent heard anything on the weight issue but hoping that gets ironed out its the most important.

Thats all I got....

Sorry to drag this out, but I would like a for sure answer. We were told if we ran a 500cfm 2 barrel Holley 4412 carb we had to run a steel intake. If we ran an aluminum intake we had to run a 350cfm Holley(don't remember the #).

Again, sorry for drawing this out, we just want to be legal...

Thanks to Chico and Gary for trying to straighten this out... :D

Mark

Archived