What do you think of this

pbracing

What do you think of this - In light of all the recent events, everyone wanting common rules and higher car counts, let’s use this year as a reconstruction year. Let’s sit down and look at all the rules of all the classes and make minor changes to each so not just one is picked. By doing this we will be able to race at any track at any time. I really don’t want to see any rule changes. I have a car at Thunder Hill ready to race and don’t really want to change anything, but given advanced notice and a timely grace period, I would change what ever necessary to help Texas short track racing. For years now I have heard talk about common rules, and I can not think of a better time to start working on that very thing. Right now we are minus 1 track and plus a whole lot of cars - let’s get them all at the track and turn this thing around.

Who would be wiling to change to benefit Texas short track racing?

I don't really know what was announced - but if they are trying to make common rules, why aren't the Roadrunners and Hobby Stock running together then? The two classes could star out the season running together and then work out the kinks as we go. Running them seperate will only hurt car count. No one wants to watch 2 classes of the same car.

kinda seems to me they didnt change anything just made them "everyone" else change to their rules witch like the computer god / critic stated in another post they dont have to make conceptions it is their track ............. sounds kind of like they are stuck with themselves or on not much room for improvement i guess doesnt really matter anyway since asphalt racing is in good hands with its current leaders the bakers and the naumans

I don't really know what was announced - but if they are trying to make common rules, why aren't the Roadrunners and Hobby Stock running together then? The two classes could star out the season running together and then work out the kinks as we go. Running them seperate will only hurt car count. No one wants to watch 2 classes of the same car.

pbr, are you suggesting that although common rules could not be established in the past between the roadrunner and hobby stock cars, that fact should now be thrown out the window just because one of the two competing tracks shut down? How does the fact that SAS shut down all of a sudden render the two classes equal? You said that no one wants to watch 2 classes of the same car. The problem is that they are not the same car; not by a far stretch. That's exactly why THR elected to start the season out with them running separate. I'd bet money that the THR officials will be watching these two classes closely this year to get an idea for the best way to meld the two together next year or even earlier. But to just assume that the two are on a level playing field and mix them together "as is" would not be fair to the drivers who have been loyal to the THR hobby stock class. Give them time. Hopefully it will all work out. You can bet that they are looking for a way to see an increased car in one class rather than two small classes.

I am not saying they are equal but they are close. I have not seen one class be dominate over the other when they have been together. In another thread before the meeting it sounded like everyone agreed that we should run together and both sides seemed pleased with that. Either way I am going to show up and race I just wanted to improve car count. Last year the hobbys were only starting 9 cars I think the roadrunners had a small car count at the end of their season as well.

there are alot of differences between these two classes that are not reversible for 1 sas cars were alowed to be hulled, out kinda hard to put things back that are in the scrap yard 2 we were allowed to use metric cars which about 1/2 the roadrunners are under the 112 in. wheelbase rule. I agree with you,don't get me wrong but I think its too late to start changing everyones cars and thats what would have to happen to make it fare.I for one am happy to have a place to race thats not 3 hrs away from home.

that is why I am saying with a grace period. the only rule that is hard to work with is the 112 wheel base. For that I guess there would have to be a weight penalty. hulled interiors can not be put back but ours can come out. That is all I am getting at comprimise which ever car can change the easiest and cheapest will change but not forced to change right now. Figure it out over the coarse of the year and have the rules posted before the end of the season so that when we freshen our cars in the offseason we can do so according to the new rules. I am just trying to look ahead because I do not see a future in running 2 similar classes. So if they use this year to figure it out next year we will have a 20 car very competitive class.

Ok let me ask wasnt there 108 -112 and 115 inch wheel base cars in th RR class competing at the same time at SAS. I agree with both sides of this I think it wouldnt be right to throw all the cars together right of the bat . However isnt that what they do at the "Former" Octoberfast and Stock Car Spectacular and claim it is even then , so why would it not be now . Some may say the RR drivers dont know the track and it is going to take them some time to get fast here , BS you got or you dont there are thr hobbies that have been here for years that are not fast and there are rookies that win championships. I dont race hobbies anymore but my dad does and if I did I would want to run them as one class more cars the better . The wheel base issue and the hulled out bodys dont matter I dont care who says it does they have to meet the same weight and percentages PERIOD .Besides they will be running together anyway I was talking to a member of the THR management team and asked them ,what if there was not 10 or more RR show up to race , they said "well they will run with the Hobbies".Anyways thats the way I see it .

kinda seems to me they didnt change anything just made them "everyone" else change to their rules witch like the computer god / critic stated in another post they dont have to make conceptions it is their track ............. sounds kind of like they are stuck with themselves or on not much room for improvement i guess doesnt really matter anyway since asphalt racing is in good hands with its current leaders the bakers and the naumans

If you don't have something constructive to say, then maybe you should keep your mouth shut!! Everyone is trying to come up with something for THIS SEASON!!! I haven't heard anyone say that the the rules were going to stay that way forever! In fact, I'm pretty sure that, once the season is over, the rules for all of the classes will be reworked when there is more than two weeks to come up with something. As for the Bakers and the Naumanns, you couldn't find two better groups of people to run HMP and THR!!! Here's a suggestion; if you don't like 'em, you can always stay home.

Curtis Drosche

crew cheif, spotter - Pro Late Model 14

crew cheif, spotter - Pro Modified 44

TSRS/THR official

I was under the impression that the SAS Road Runners drivers preferred having their own class....I know all the SAS folks just had the carpet yanked right out from under them and I think most if not just about all are happy they will have other tracks to go to. I am pretty sure that if THR had suddendly closed if would have been a more difficult situation for our drivers concerning SAS. This is not by any means a bash against SAS or the good folks that were running the track. What I am saying is that THR & HMP have taken quick and considerate steps in the right direction for the racing community. Had SAS closed at the end of last season there would have been more time to work on rule changes. as for rockstan...he may be half way around the world but he still likes to stir up a stink ! :P

Yeah i love you too mickey lol actually i wasnt trying to stir anything just stating the obvious spotter i dont guess you know how to read so i will space it out for you I -S A I D -A S P H A L T -R A C I N G- I S- I N- G O O D- H A N D S- W I T H - T H E -N A U M A N S -A N D -T H E- B A K E R S there was that better and as for staying home i would LOVE to be able to do that hell i would love to be able to just see my home and since we are going official

Stan Eastty

owner,driver,crew chief #40 street stock

owner,driver,crew chief #73t dirt hobby stock

owner,driver,crew chief #40 imca modified

future owner,driver,crew chief # 40 tsrs x 3 the x 3 means all 3 cars never know when my bad driving will require me to have a spare or two 1st one already there 2nd should be there today and 3rd in september

OWNER Bastrop Fabricating,Welding and Repair

OWNER AMEREBEL RACE CARS and PARTS

WGAF/DILLIGAF official

H.A.N.D.

Edited by RockStan

How much fun would about 28 cars be??? Wonder how long it would take to finish the race though??? The Streets did it on the 1st try at Spectacular.

I would love to run the classes together, although if it was fair to do so, I can pretty much gurantee that Jack would have found a way to do it. I'm extremely appreciative that THR is letting us come as is and run our own class. Luckily we had 17 cars for our last race and not 7. Then we'd be in a real pickle. I hope we can sustain our car count and a place to race.

Road Runners March 2007

Feature

1. (21) George Reyes, San Antonio, 20 laps

2. (12) Jody Wayne Stuart, San Antonio, 20

3. (83) Paul Lipp, San Antonio, 20

4. (5) Gary May, Natalia, 20

5. (66) Leonard Flores III, San Antonio, 20

6. (81) Jay Mrazek, San Antonio, 20

7. (44) Jeff Stanley, San Antonio, 20

8. (29) Daniel Pierce, Bandera, 19

9. (19) Mona Turner, San Antonio, 19

10. (58) Larry Reeves, San Antonio, 18

11. (3) Mark Shear, San Antonio, 18

12. (77) Steven Stanley, San Antonio, 16

13. (18) Richard Curtis, Devine, 15

14. (48) Leland Frautschi, Von Ormy, 8

15. (79) Michael Odom, San Antonio, 3

16. (68) Royce Hawkins, Lytle, 1

17. (13) Steven Hawkins, Lytle 0 DNS

Lap Leaders: (21) Reyes led 1 - 20

Heat 1

1.(19) Mona Turner, 6 Laps

2. (5) 6

3. (79) 6

4. (3) 6

5. (81) 6

6. (77) 6

Heat 2

1. (21) George Reyes, 6 Lap

2. (12) 6

3. (44) 6

4. (48) 6

5. (58) 6

6. (13) 0

Heat 3

1. (83) Paul Lipp, 6 Laps

2. (68) 6

3. (66) 6

4. (18) 6

5. (29) 6

Hobby Stock Results

Last race 2006 before Spectacular

Heat #1

1)20

2)04

3)25

4)50

5)14-1

Heat #2

1)44

2)10

3)8

4)75

5)2-5

6)4-DNS

Feature

1)10(14) Joey Tschoerner

2)04 Steve Osborne

3)50 Aaron Brungot

4)20 Steve Joyce

5)25 Rick Latimer

6)8 Jim Teague

7)44 Gary Chancellor Jr. 3 laps

8)75 Duane Sanders 2 laps

9)4 Gary Chancellor DNS

10)10 Richard Rumley DNS

Spectacular 2006

Hobby Stock Results

Feature

1)4 Gary Chancellor 20 laps 18.044

2)2 Kevin Bowen 20 laps 17.429

3)50 Aaron Brungot 20 laps 20.539

4)25 Rick Latimer 20 laps 17.859

5)12 Jody Wayne Stuart 20 laps 18.359

6)83 Jacob Sellman 13 laps 19.307

7)5 Kevin Wilson 12 laps 19.458

8)20 Steve Joyce 8 laps 18.086

9)14 Joey Tschoerner 20.067

OktoberFast 2006

Road Runner Results

Feature

1. (31) George Reyes, San Antonio, 25 Laps

2. (15) Cody Smith, La Vernia, 25

3. (4) Gary Chancellor, Bastrop, 25

4. (67) Joe Horne, San Antonio, 25

5. (83) Paul Lipp, San Antonio, 25

6. (5) Gary May, Natalia, 25

7. (04) Steven Osborne, Austin, 25

8. (68) Royce Hawkins, Lytle, 24

9. (81) Jay Mrazek, San Antonio, 24

10. (05) Chris Foster, San Antonio, 24

11. (29) Daniel Pierce, Bandera, 24

12. (74) Danny Kasprowicz, Fair Oaks Ranch, 24

13. (3) Mark Shear, San Antonio, 22

14. (19) Mona Turner, San Antonio, 15

15. (21) Leland Frautschi, Von Ormy, 14

16. (58) Larry Reeves, San Antonio, 13

17. (10) Allen Torres, San Antonio, 8

18. (12) Jody Wayne Stuart, San Antonio, 3

19. (13) Steven Hawkins, Lytle, 3

20. (44) Danny Hartsfield, Canyon Lake, 3

Lap Leaders: 31 George Reyes led 1 - 25

Qualifying Times:

1. (31) George Reyes, 22.90

2. (15) 23.00

3. (4) 23.10

4. (04) 23.72

5. (21) 23.79

6. (19) 23.81

7. (83) 24.06

8. (12) 24.15

9. (5) 24.27

10. (67) 24.69

11. (81) 24.98

12. (74) 25.14

13. (10) 25.45

14. (05) 25.81

15. (29) 26.07

16. (68) 26.32

17. (13) DNT

18. (58) DNT

19. (3) DNT

20. (44) DNT

Rub what in? That's not my style.

If you don't have something constructive to say, then maybe you should keep your mouth shut!! Everyone is trying to come up with something for THIS SEASON!!! I haven't heard anyone say that the the rules were going to stay that way forever! In fact, I'm pretty sure that, once the season is over, the rules for all of the classes will be reworked when there is more than two weeks to come up with something. As for the Bakers and the Naumanns, you couldn't find two better groups of people to run HMP and THR!!! Here's a suggestion; if you don't like 'em, you can always stay home.

Curtis Drosche

TSRS/THR official

First off,this is everyones forum,not yours,anything someone says here short of profanity is constructive in some manner,called freedom of speech,which i might add i served our country to defend that amendment,how bout you?

First off,this is everyones forum,not yours,anything someone says here short of profanity is constructive in some manner,called freedom of speech,which i might add i served our country to defend that amendment,how bout you?

Profanity is not the only TXSZ no-no. For instance, we also do not permit bashing. slander, etc.

And, yes, I proudly served our country during the Viet Nam era along with many of our fellow TXSZ members.

Nick

I am very happy to have THR allowing us come up and race. It doesn't matter to me which class I run with. I worry about being in the hobby stocks way while I learn the track. When it comes to points, it becomes personal to some people. I wish I could have made it up to practice today, but work comes first.

Thank you THR for giving us the ability to continue to do what we like to do. My sponsors are happy that I will still be racing. I think one of them even wants to get involved with the track. I will get the contacts made ASAP.

Thank you,

Mona Turner

#19 THR Roadrunner

It's a shame that Top didn't get off work soon enough Mona. There was one hell of a line for practice though. I think when I showed up at 5:45 there was at least 8 NasKarts and one other race car there. Misssed C Birmingham though so that makes 3.

This is not a bash and I'm not taking any sides because I don't know any of those involved and don't know who is being sarcastic and who isn't but as a few points of clarification.

1.This is not "everybody's forum" it is owned by either Terry Dickerson or a company that he is a shareholder in.

2. There is no freedom of Speech issue when you are utilizing a privately owned asset of someone else. They allow you to use it as long as you follow their rules.

3. I think TD has been pretty tolerant, all things considered, to allow as much bashing of him on a forum he has provided for the racing community. I for one, say that I can't guarantee that I would pay the freight for other people to bash me.

4. While I respect greatly those who serve in our armed services why does everyone think that by serving or having served you have some higher right to question others' right to have an opinion.

5. I don't think anybody actually served their country at arms so that private enterprises (TXSZ)could be told that they have to give up their rights (Allow unfettered free speech).

In short the freedom of speech argument has been hashed out on here for years, and it just doesn't apply to private eenterprise. If it did all these meetings that are being held about the future of racing would have to be open to everybody, not just to a select few. Well most of them have been haven't they.

6. Yes I am a veteran.

Curtis Drosche

TSRS/THR official

This is not a bash and I'm not taking any sides because I don't know any of those involved and don't know who is being sarcastic and who isn't but as a few points of clarification.

1.This is not "everybody's forum" it is owned by either Terry Dickerson or a company that he is a shareholder in.

2. There is no freedom of Speech issue when you are utilizing a privately owned asset of someone else. They allow you to use it as long as you follow their rules.

3. I think TD has been pretty tolerant, all things considered, to allow as much bashing of him on a forum he has provided for the racing community. I for one, say that I can't guarantee that I would pay the freight for other people to bash me.

4. While I respect greatly those who serve in our armed services why does everyone think that by serving or having served you have some higher right to question others' right to have an opinion.

5. I don't think anybody actually served their country at arms so that private enterprises (TXSZ)could be told that they have to give up their rights (Allow unfettered free speech).

In short the freedom of speech argument has been hashed out on here for years, and it just doesn't apply to private eenterprise. If it did all these meetings that are being held about the future of racing would have to be open to everybody, not just to a select few. Well most of them have been haven't they.

6. Yes I am a veteran.

EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINION!!

We all understand that Terry Dickerson owns this site ( TXSZ ). WE all thank him for a forum that we can post our opinions on. In the rules it does not state that you have no Freedom of Speech. The rules are listed below for reference. Terry has moved on to bigger and better things in life. I don't think he is to worried about people in here talking about him. It seems to me that Terry is a bigger man and is not concerned about opinions in the forum, if he was he would shut it down. I believe that in forums people state their opinions, but when someone gets on and tells someone else to shut up, because they don't think it is constructive, is plum RUDE!

The bad thing is I think( just my opinion ) that Spotter represents a local track. ( could make bad vibes ) just my opinion...AND FOR SAYING IF YOU DON'T LIKE'EM , YOU CAN ALWAYS STAY AT HOME,, BAD BUSINESS!!

And for the meetings being held for the future of racing, anybody or company can request who attends, depends on what the meeting is for. If you want public opinion then invite the public, if you only want specified peoples opinion then only those are invited. I think Nick does a great job on monitoring this forum, and he would tell you if you have say anything wrong. Nick has alot of knowledge and smart, he knows when to cut a conversation.

It should be an honor to have served such a great country. The service people gave all americans the right to have speech.... Thank you to all Veterans....

Nick,, By the way,,, I got meetings this Week....Just letting you know...I'll email you and let you know what else is going on...

I WANT TO THANK MARY ANN NAUMAN AND THE BAKERS FOR WORKING OUT A SCHEDULE FOR RACING. I LOVE TO SEE BUSINESSES COME TOGETHER...

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY.....

Texas Speed Zone asks that you follow the rules - and the spirit of the rules - listed below.

Texas Speed Zone is a No-Bash Zone. NO BASHING OF ANY KIND WILL BE PERMITTED!

(1) No Soliciting.

(2) Do not post advertisements. We will be happy to talk to you about placing an advertisment on Texas Speed Zone. Just drop us an email at cnholt@sbcglobal.net

(3) No offensive language.

(4) Don't be abusive, disruptive or rude. This includes posting or sending personal attacks on other members or other offensive, defamatory or otherwise inappropriate material.

(5) Texas Speed Zone reserves the right to terminate any Texas Speed Zone membership at any time and for any reason.

(6) All members must have a valid email address on file or their membership will be subject to temination.

(7) Impersonating another member is not permitted.

(8) The Texas Speed Zone forums are designed to be a safe, moderated discussion board where topics of interest to the Texas racing community can be discussed in a calm, civil manner. We are not here to provide a soapbox for troublemakers or disgruntled individuals. If anyone has an issue with another member, a track or series official, sponsors, etc., please take the issue up with that individual.

Edited by Txenergy