Chad Menard 2007 plans?

Truck99

what all needs to be changed on those cars to run THR?

Change rear disc brakes to drum, maybe move motor forward on some cars, switch roller rockers back to roller tip, bolt on a 500 carb. Maybe bolt on manual fan instead of electric (not sure on that one.) Some may want to change heads and cam, but that's not a must-do.

When I talked to Chad at the meeting, he was cool with all that. My bet is that he just got a deal too good to refuse.

I didn't really want to start a new thread, just wanted to wish him good luck.

Aaron, what's on your mind?

Ladies and Gents.. i really hate seeing responses like Lloyds. THR didnt' have to change a thing... for the better of their business, and the better of racing, and the racers at SAS, they did.

I just think some are very greatfull and other are kinda harsh... If Chad did get a deal to good to pass up!!! thats great.. but we really need to buck up and support THR... and the racers.

The only changes for the local classes were with the Sportsman.

Roadrunners got their own class!!!

Grandstocks was a no brainer...

I didn't pay that great attention to the LM, trucks, or mods.. but in all Everyone has a chance to keep racing in TX... Lets say grace.. and start the season next weekend..

Never know a good year may mean we run more races...but without the efforts.. all would be lost..

Ladies and Gents.. i really hate seeing responses like Lloyds. THR didnt' have to change a thing... for the better of their business, and the better of racing, and the racers at SAS, they did.

I just think some are very greatfull and other are kinda harsh... If Chad did get a deal to good to pass up!!! thats great.. but we really need to buck up and support THR... and the racers.

The only changes for the local classes were with the Sportsman.

Roadrunners got their own class!!!

Grandstocks was a no brainer...

I didn't pay that great attention to the LM, trucks, or mods.. but in all Everyone has a chance to keep racing in TX... Lets say grace.. and start the season next weekend..

Never know a good year may mean we run more races...but without the efforts.. all would be lost..

i've said this before. if tracks would sit down and work together to do common rules, you might see more cars out there. it is to time consuming to be switching stuff back and forth. that being said, we will be at THR watching in the stands and supporting those who do race on the 28th.

The Best to everyone next week....

Mark

I don't think Lloyd or anybody else is being negative. Most SAS racers were very relieved to hear that they wouldn't have to junk their cars and go fishing. Rather I think Lloyd (and a few others) are simply voicing some concern that is shared among many of the San Antonio Speedway teams that all of the required changes apply to the SAS cars.

However, I fully believe that this is as it should be. After all, it's THR's track and the SAS guys should be very grateful that THR or HMP even lets them race there at all.

But, we'd all be putting our head in the sand if it weren't at least acknowledged that:

1) SAS cars will be required to meet the exiting THR rules for Grand Stocks and Super Stocks (Sportsman).

2) The SAS Road Runners can move their whole class to THR, but if the car count drops, then they will have to comply with the existing THR Hobby Stock rules.

Let me repeat: This is as it SHOULD BE. Why should the THR guys have to change a thing? It wasn't their track that shut down.

As far as the SAS Late Models, they will have to comply with either the existing TSRS rules or the existing Houston Pro Late Model rules.

And, as I understand it, the USRA Modifieds will have to comply with the Houston Pro Modified rules while the USRA Trucks will be able to run their existing USRA Truck Series rules.

I may be mistaken in any/all of the above, but that's what I heard at the meeting in Austin. I also understand that THR will be posting something official about the 2007 rules at some point in the very near future.

Nick

My feeling is that this whole discussion is non productive. I didn't read too much into Lloyd's comment. He may or may not have intended it the way Aaron took it. Either way, it doesn't matter to me. What's done is done and the thing that needs to happen now is to take what we've got in terms of rules and classes and go racing, fishing, or whatever else we want to do.

Nick's #2 assertion in his post may not even be accurate. Another possibility is that the RR class at THR is the one that ends up growing and the hobby car count dwindles. The hobby car count wasn't all that great last year after all. In that scenario, maybe the RR rules would be the ones adopted in 08 and the hobbies would conform to those rules. Is that really going to happen? Who knows at this point?

Let's just go racing, support the track, and have a good time. :D

Just my opinion, of course. No disrespect intended to anyone.

man some people on this site are like a bunch of women, reading way too deep into things. personally knowing chad i know that hes been wanting to run a late model so why would he want to dump money in a car for a class that he is probably going to move up from anyways next year. hope that cleared it up so maybe yall will have to go find something else to cry about now.

Here is a little word magic so you don't get "people" to act like a bunch of women, and they can go find something else to cry about.

and my orig. post still stands because this is not the only instance of me hearing things like this..

Individual posts:

probably easier for him to sell and move up then make all the changes to run thr. Hopefully he gets a pro late model or tsrs.

man some people on this site are like a bunch of women, reading way too deep into things. personally knowing chad i know that hes been wanting to run a late model so why would he want to dump money in a car for a class that he is probably going to move up from anyways next year. hope that cleared it up so maybe yall will have to go find something else to cry about now.

clean message:

Personally knowing chad i know that hes been wanting to run a late model. Probably easier for him to sell, because he is probably going to move up from SS anyways next year.

Wow, sorry I was at HMP this weekend and didn't get a chance to reply, got out of hand in a hurry. Lloyd meant no wrong by his first post, just stating what has been talked about already. It's not up to the THR drivers to have to change, they still have their track, we lost ours, it's up to us to do what we want with the hand we've been dealt. We are going to move up and get a latemodel as soon as possible. However, we are for sure going to be running atleast the first few races at THR with the sportsman or superstock car. If the car sells ok, if not thats fine too. We're still planning on a latemodel whether the camaro sells or not.

Archived