Horse Power Round UP

mr ed

I would like invite any of you car owners in the Austin, Cedar Creek, Bastrop, Elgin area to support a car show/ motorsports day fund raiser for Scout Troop 533 of Bastrop. Come out display your stock cars, inspire the future racers, make some new fans,.... and maybe meet a new prospective sponsor or get your curent sponsor some public time.

Saturday May 19th

441 Hyway 71 W. (next to Whataburger)

Bastrop, TX

for more info call 512 707 8869 or email fordmod6@hotmail.com

Thanks

Mr Ed :P

Thanks for the comitment, good to see you @ "the meetin"

Mary Ann is going to pass the word, and Chuck might to a live broadcast, could be really fun.

We are also having an open class pinewood derby if anyone wants build a trick car. Just has to fit the track with a limit of 12 oz (my favorite size cantainer)

Mr Ed

Ed,

Great to meet up with you as well.. do you have a contact to buy the kits for the Derby cars? Maybe a good thing to have some JRA members do!!

Great idea, we will have two tracks and one will be for regular 6 oz. derby cars. The cheepst place to get them is Hobbylobby, the "offical " cars have to purchaced thrugh the Boy Scout of America stores. There is one at 290 & 183 in Austin, but this is not an oficial thing so... :D

regular 6 oz. derby cars.

That's an interesting set of rules you seem to be going by for your "regular" class. :unsure:

Per official BSA rules (included in BSA PWD kit) - weight is 5oz. max.

Good luck with your roundup, and thanks for giving me an idea we might try with our pack or our troop (I've got one in Cub Scouts and one in Boy Scouts).

texasprd

My mistake... it was early when I posted BSA cars are 5 oz. My son is working on eagle now so it has been a while for me to build a car. We do have a BSA car that looks like a modified the he wants bring out for day.

Cheers

Mr Ed

Archived