PROOF!

uhcougs

#

# Michael Waltrip Charged After Vehicle Accident Saturday: UPDATE: Statement from Waltrip: #55-Michael Waltrip is charged with reckless driving and failure to report an accident after a crash on Molly's Backbone Road in Catawba County. The Highway Patrol says Waltrip was driving about 70 miles per hour in the 55 mile-per-hour zone when he went off the right side of the road in a curve around 1:50 a.m. Saturday. His car then traveled back across the pavement and off the left side of the roadway, sliding sideways and striking a utility pole as it overturned. The car then rolled over and came to a rest on its side. Troopers said a witness saw Waltrip crawl out of the vehicle and leave the scene. When a trooper went to his home around 2:30 a.m. no one was there, but when he went back at 8 p.m. he found Waltrip, who admitted he'd fallen asleep at the wheel. Waltrip, with scratches on his face and some deep cuts on his finger, spoke with Eyewitness News about the crash. He said he was on his way home to Sherill's Ford from Charlotte. "I was almost home. I relaxed a little bit and ran off the road," he explained. "I woke up with gravel hitting the car and I tried to correct but it was too late. The seasoned driver says he instinctively got out of his car, and then decided to walk home because he often runs the route and was only a mile away. Waltrip will be in court in Newton on May 14.(WSOCTV.com)(4-10-2007)

UPDATE: Michael Waltrip was uninjured in a single car accident Friday night near his home in Sherrills Ford, N.C. The 43-year old was returning from Charlotte, N.C. when he fell asleep at the wheel within a mile of his home and ran off the road, striking a telephone pole. “I am really embarrassed about the accident, but I feel fortunate that I wasn’t hurt,” said Waltrip. “For 25 years I have had a great driving record. I consider myself to be a courteous and safe driver on public roads. I never expected to fall asleep behind the wheel of a car.” The North Carolina Highway Patrol ticketed Waltrip for reckless driving (admitting to falling asleep at the wheel) and failure to notify authorities of an accident in a timely manner.(MWR PR)(4-10-2007)

(jayski.com)

though pretty scary....

from 2:30 am to 8:30 pm??? Guess he wasn't drunk. Mayor, where's the goat?

I object. Specualation.

Over ruled. Makes too much sense.

i think he's more of a wine cooler kinda guy with a menthol..........

if i had done that , my a$& would still be locked up.

instincts- he instinctively crawled out of the car.......instinctively walked home.... but yet his instincts couldn't have reminded him of how to qualify a car.

Edited by Crazyhorse

instinctively walked home but even more instinctively wasn't answering the door when the law showed up...

Nice job Mikey. Nappy is sooooo proud.

from 2:30 am to 8:30 pm??? Guess he wasn't drunk. Mayor, where's the goat?

Wel...ll, In my humble opinion I think that the reason Michael didn't answer the door had to be because the goat had him cornered. He didn't want MW turning him in for driving under the influence. It is quite obvious that the cuts, abrasions, and bruises heretofore referred to were a direct result of the goat physically intimidating the alleged perpetrator (MW) into taking the fall. The goat's relection chances would be ruined if it was known he had been in a car with MW. If the facts are closely examined it becomes obvious that MW wasn't driving. The report says he was doing 70. Michael Waltrip hasn't done 70 since 1970. Case closed. Charges against Mr. Waltrip dismissed.

The Highway Patrol says Waltrip was driving about 70 miles per hour in the 55 mile-per-hour zone when he went off the right side of the road in a curve around 1:50 a.m. Saturday.

The Highway Patrolman must be lying, Waltrip hasn't gone that fast in years :lol::lol::o

LoL I love that one... LoL LoL ROFLMAO!!!!!

instinctively walked home but even more instinctively wasn't answering the door when the law showed up...

Nice job Mikey. Nappy is sooooo proud.

Need to be careful with the word "nappy" these days.

Police Officer: "Mr Waltrip, we found your car in a ditch a few miles from here. We're going to have to cite you for leaving the scene of an accident"

Mike: "But officer, I only walked myself to the infield care center. Why don't you cite the tow truck driver - isn't he supposed to bring my car back to me?"