A good night

Braunfels99

All in all I think It was a good night. I saw new equipment for wreckers(that i've never seen before) , new water truck, and the payout was the best I have had in my 3 years (which aint alot) of racing. It wasn't perfect, but for a new owner on the 1st night, I think It was pretty good.

I dont respect bashing of the track or other series (TOMS)on this or any site and just wanted to say thanks Chico, for having the balls to step up and run a track and do what you can. Its real easy to be an armchair quarterback as opposed to doing something to help the local racers or track.

JMO

Great run on Friday! I had to leave early to take my boy home, but we had a great time. Give me a call when you'll be ready to start on the other graphics.

1st & 2nd baby, 1 and 2 :lol:

I dont respect bashing of the track or other series (TOMS)...JMO...

Braunfels99, I take it you are referring to my comments in another thread (since I'm the one that specifically mentioned TOMS)...

As you are entitled to voice your opinion (which I respect), I'm entitled to voice mine (which I hope you will respect).

When I hear "series", certain things come to mind - such as a reasonable number of cars and decent competition. A "traveling series" should be something above the ordinary. From the TOMS website: "...we feel that our approach will entertain fans..." TOMS shows 11 drivers registered on their website. They managed to put a max of 5 cars on the track Friday - on the first week of the season before they've had a chance to tear up any equipment. Only three finished the heat and none were close to each other at the finish. Their feature started four cars. In both races, none of them were running close to each other at the finish, and one really drug things out by spinning every other lap and drawing a yellow. It was not entertaining, and not what I expect from a "series".

I was clear, in my comments about Friday's show, to say I was not bashing Chico or the track, and I applauded him taking over the track, just as you did. I'd guess there were less than 100 people left in the stands when the features began. Had my wife and kids been there, I'd have a tough time convincing them to go again, due to the issues I mentioned in my other post. Offering honest feedback in an attempt to improve the show so fans (and hopefully more of them) will continue to come is not bashing.

EVERYBODY HAS A RIGHT TO SPEAK THERE MIND AND I BELIEVE FROM WHAT IVE SEEN CHICO WILL LISTEN I HOPE HE CAN TAKE IT HE SEEMS LIKE HE HAS A GREAT START I KNOW IWOULD NOT HAVE THE @%!@$#% TO DO IT AND IF WE CAN HELP IN ANY WAY WE WILL IT TAKES INFO FROM PEOPLE TO GET BETTER TOMS CAN BE A GOOD SHOW I THINK THEY WILL GET IT TOGETHER AND BRING MORE CARS IF I WAS IN CHICOS SHOES I WOULD PUT A PRIVATE SECTION FOR NEG BUT NEEDED THOUGHTS TO IMPROVE GO CHICO AND CREW GREG D

YES CHICO and his crew went ABOVE and FUTHER.hats off to CHICO and those that get no notice for there HARD HARD WORK.as for the TOMS series,they are a great group that will do what is needed for TRI CITI and others in the sport.is the series happy with there car count?,i am sure not.i am sure that the series president will adjust his laps with track as needed,but i would hope they dont get pushed away.all in the series will show up whenever needed to do whatever is needed for the track.they dont just show up on there race day because they are racing,those guys are there from start of season till end of season.how does one replace racers like that.?yes i like full fields,i love it when a class needs b and c mains to make the a main.i hope it grows in all classes to that number.that would be great for CHICO,and the racers and FANS would get something we have been missing locally for way to long.frank t.

texasprd...maybe you weren't trying to bash the track, but it seems people jump on a bandwagon of complaining real quick online often. I remember just 6 months ago we werent sure the track would even be open or not. So,, I see a guy trying to make the track better and pay decent,,, who hasn't completed everything yet...It gets me going thinking we could be without a track altogether..

my question about the TOMS is what gear was the number 3 running. ran that engine way to tight for way to many laps before it went out the bottom end. wonder if it was a hill country gear.

FROM WHAT I SEEN ON FRIDAY VERY GOOD CAR COUNT,SOME BETTER THAN OTHERS.FOR OPENING NIGHT.TRI-CITY SPEEDWAY DID AN AWESOME JOB PREPARING THE TRACK GARY & CHICO MY HAT'S OFF TO YOU TWO!JUST WISH EVERYONE FELT THE SAME WAY,WERE ALL RACER SO ENJOY WHAT WE HAVE WHILE WE HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!TRACK'S ALL OVER ARE CLOSING BECAUSE OF STUPID REASONS!!!

THANKS AGAIN TO TRI-CITY SPEEDWAY AND ALL THAT MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!! :D

LET'S GO RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chico

We just want to thank you and your staff for all the effords made to get to opening night. All your work shows your determination to provide a great facility for not only the drivers but the fans also. As a driver the track is going in the right direction and I look forward to being there each week. If there is anything we can do to help just let us know.

Patrick Kelly # 84 super stock

Archived