Meeting

Rookie49

:( I will not be able to make it this week. As soon as I get off work, we are loading up and heading out for Texas Motor Speedway. I would love it if there is ANYWAY for someone to PM or email details after. Also, I would call on someone to please eat some Harmon's for me. We love it. One of the perks of moving to Cibolo!!!

Good meeting you Mr. Sutton. Sorry about the pen.

Good meeting you Mr. Sutton. Sorry about the pen.

That'zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ok :lol:

It was Mona Turner's Pen. Nice retort though.

On Edit: So were "the wheels".........

Very informative. Still can't believe that there were only 48 participants. Kinda makes you wonder.

Jody,

Did you try and outrun any of those bad looking new police officer vehicles parked at City Hall? I heard Johnny put up a pretty big bonus to any of his officers who could catch up to you to give you a ticket.

rookie49,

You were right. Harmon's BarBQ puts out some great tasting BBQ. I had the combination sandwich and it was absolutely great. Nice folks too.

Nick

I'm not sure if we came out of the meeting knowing a whole lot of facts, except for some tax info that had me and Mona scratching our heads, but it is good to see there is hope for a racing complex. I understand many things can't be talked about but please, as I'm sure you will, let us know how things are going.

Good meeting you Mr. Sutton and good luck with the project.

p.s.Vote 4 the Goat!!... :ph34r:

First I would like to thank all who came tonight. I know it is time that could have been spent with your families or any other endeavor. Thank you.

I'm not sure if we came out of the meeting knowing a whole lot of facts, except for some tax info that had me and Mona scratching our heads, but it is good to see there is hope for a racing complex. I understand many things can't be talked about but please, as I'm sure you will, let us know how things are going.

Good meeting you Mr. Sutton and good luck with the project.

p.s.Vote 4 the Goat!!... :ph34r:

Brad,

I would vote for that GOAT ,,, not much info tonight...

I am sorry if anyone felt they didn't get a lot of info. But the meeting was to gather info not provide it. I just feel that if I am going to ask people to go out of there way to provide such info, I owe them some information about why I am asking it. If anyone showed up with a different impression and was disappointed or frustrated by the meeting, I apologise.As I said earlier in this thread, The stated purpose of this meeting was-

"The basic purpose is to get information to fill in the blanks on some ideas that I and some others have. I have some general ideas floating around at 60,000 feet so to speak and I am trying to pull them together and turn them into a plan. Look at it like when TXDoT wants to build a HWY= they get all the stakeholders, (as in businesses, road users, landowners) together to get a grasp of the area, project scope, costs, needs, etc. and pull together a plan.

A large turnout in numbers is not necessary, but a good turnout of people who can listen and then offer real legitimate input- concerning track use, operations, etc.- who can critically, in a non emotional manner give feedback and can take the same is necessary. This meeting is NOT to solve Texas Racing or SAS closing problems. It is an initial step in a feasibility study if you will. We believe that racing can succeed in this region. But for racing to succeed there needs to be a facility that can succeed. And that takes information. This meeting could lead to further planning or it could end up convincing us that it is not the right time, place or product."

In closing, let me say that I enjoyed meeting all of you I didn't know, seeing those I did, and talking to both old and new friends.

I found the meeting to be VERY productive. In many more ways than you might imagine.

Again, thank you for coming.

As Johnny repeatedly said, this project's in it's early stages. Not a lot of facts to share at this point.

I guess we all came to the meeting secretly hoping that Johnny would be unveiling a scale model of the facility, taking us on a tour of the property, giving out names of all the investors, etc, etc...

Instead it was more Johnny sharing his vision for a multi-use "entertainment complex" that has a race track as one of the attractions. He did say that he's talking to a lot of folks who could make this happen and hopes that some of the people he has been talking with will have some sort of organization in place and an actual business plan developed over the next several weeks.

So, it's mostly great ideas and a willingness on his part to give it a good shot at this point.

I think everyone at the meeting sensed his sincerity and we all wish him well as he starts down this road.

Nick

I BELIEVE THAT THE MEETING WAS WORTH THE TIME TO FIGURE OUT THAT THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE TRYING TO HELP US(THE RACING COMMUNITY) TO HAVE A PLACE TO GO PLAY ON SAT. NIGHT. ALSO BECAUSE THE WHOLE PLAN IS IN THE BABY STAGE A LOT OF IT CAN NOT BE TALKED ABOUT AND I HAVE TO SAY THAT I RESPECT THAT.

GOOD LUCK ALSO JOHNNY

Johnny,

it was great to get to meet you, wife and kids...

good to share some laughs about the truck and karts in the parade. I'll tell the guys easy on the donuts this year!!!!

i need to do some checking, i may have a person for you to talk to who was looking to build a road coarse in San Marcos. My understanding is he ran into the city politics thing you talked about last night. if i understand correctly, he is still interested in building a facility close to the San Marcos area...

Mark

Thank you Johnny. It was my pleasure to sit and visit with you. And yes, the tax thing is still GREEK to me. Remember, I used to be a blond in my younger days. Just because the hair color changes, the brain doesn't always follow.

Mona Turner

Archived