TERRY SAYS NO MORE!

flyingaces

AFTER HEARING THE WHOLE STORY ABOUT THE PROBLEMS WITH THE TRACK AND PEOPLE BEING GREEDY, I DONT BLAME TERRY FOR WHAT HE DID. THATS A LOT TO INVEST INTO SOMETHING YOU DON'T OWN. AFTER READING A LOT OF POST ABOUT THE TRACK I FEEL WE ARE TRYING TO BURY THE TRACK BEFORE ITS DEAD? DOES ANY ONE ELSE FEEL THE SAME WAY? SOME YEARS BACK THE TRACK SHUT DOWN ABOUT MID SEASON, FOR WHAT REASONS I DONT REMEMBER, BUT IT RE OPENED. CAN THIS HAPPEN AGAIN. I SURE WOULD HOPE SO. I HAVE ALOT OF MEMORIES THERE AND HATE TO SEE THE PLACE GO DOWN WITH OUT A FIGHT.

I think we should try to find a happy medium between the City of SA, investors, and others. Get the track back open for the remainder of this race season and then find new investors to build a new track for next year and beyond.

The Dallas Cowboys are still playing in one stadium while the other is being built. They didn't just run out of Dallas because the water got a little hot. The Redskins played at RFK for many years before they got a new stadium. Just work it out. Don't grab what you feel is yours, cut your losses, and leave everyone else holding the back....or at least give that perception. We know perception is reality and that is the taste that current management has left with many racers.

I'm calling BS ;)

Reality is reality. There are racers from coast to coast who's perception is that tracks make money hand over fist.

Evidently, Mr. Dickerson couldn't get the required ROI with racer's perceptions instead of cash. His decisions are based on the realities of needing a return on an investment. If only by default, he arrived at the same conclusion that Ted Carlson and ROMCO reached a few years ago.

JMO

Jay

If I were the land owner and I could get the 5.5million what they say it's worth, I wouldn't sell it for 2.5 million nor 3 million. I would sell it for the 5.5 million and then help build another track elsewhere in a partnership, where I can lease the land. :D There is a traffic light there and they are saying over 50,000 homes are projected to be built and all this other stuff. Sure Walmart, HEB, or another gas station will put up the money. Maybe Toyota can help with the new track, since it is part of the blame SAS is closed.

I don't think any of us were in the room when these decisions were made. How about if everyone recognizes that SAS/USRA is a dead issue and either start supporting the other tracks or come up with a solution to return racing to san antonio.

I am here saying that I've got ideas. I can't seem to find any other locals willing to talk except possibly terry. Maybe Racing won't work here. Maybe it will. Let's talk.

It will work if someone does it the right way.What is the right way?I have alot of ideas but who knows if I'm right.I hope someone will at least look into what you have on the table.There are alot of successful local buisnessmen in the S.A. area.I can't believe none of them like stock car racing enough to do what Todd Zampeze did with San Antonio Raceway.....still hoping.

I think Mr.Hallas figured everyone would remember that fiasco so he didn't elaberate.I myself don't remember all of the details correctly so I won't either.If somebody wants to enlighten you maybe they can post the story on here.If he was bashing him,he would have written the story here.I can say it had to do with broken leases and owed money,I just don't know how it all went down.

Edited by Turbo-Diesel

Terry is/was NOT the great savior to texas racing. He's not the only show in town and he won't ever be. People will step up in his place and a few years from now it will all be distant memories kinda like the Holland thing. Here's an idea. Close the bathrooms and bring in Skido's. Board the concessions and bring in concession trailers like they have at festivals. Someone can and someone probably will find a way. Just because Terry couldn't doesnt mean the sky is falling. There are many people in SA that are truly passionate about their racing and I have faith someone will step up.

Be nice now mra........lol :lol:

MAZ why don't YOU step up to the plate then and sink a lot of money into something you don't/can't or won't ever own. YOU can show us ALL how it's done. I'll be happy to give you plenty of press, too.

Everyone around during the Holland era knows the story for the most part. Didn't feel the need to re-open the wounds.

Be nice now mra........lol :lol:

MAZ why don't YOU step up to the plate then and sink a lot of money into something you don't/can't or won't ever own.

Don't think MAZ wants to be a SPONSOR....... :D

MAZ why don't YOU step up to the plate then and sink a lot of money into something you don't/can't or won't ever own. YOU can show us ALL how it's done. I'll be happy to give you plenty of press, too.

Everyone around during the Holland era knows the story for the most part. Didn't feel the need to re-open the wounds.

As typical, someone got there feathers ruffled. :P so, i take it it is too early to point fingers at the current management then, or i take it your too close inside of the story/reality?

Don't think MAZ wants to be a SPONSOR.......

Yes, i would like anyone else love to sponser something that has no track to race. :D:D

Only 6 tracks left in the area. I'll be racin' not instagatin'. :D :D :D

I wasn't proposing that MAZ become a sponsor.........I was thinking more of promoter, so he can show us the correct way to run a track.

Do I know things from the inside.......yep.....on many racing subjects/topics including SAS/USRA, but like the Scott Holland issue, I see no need to go into details just for your personal benefit. I talk to a lot of people, get 'off the record' comments all the time and you think I should share them with you? LMAO :lol:

Only 6 tracks left in the area. I'll be racin' not instagatin'. :D :D :D

Well, of course i wish you and all other local drivers good luck. I was merely refering to the local fans point of view.

maz,

I am a local fan. I also appreciate the good luck wish. We need it.

Hippy,

I know what you meant but being comedic is my bag.