Rain interupts I-30 Topless Nationals

rebelracewriter

Rain Interrupts I-30 Speedway's Topless Modified Nationals

Lonnie Wheatley, LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (March 9, 2007) – With 66 Topless Modifieds and 23 Sprint Cars in the pit area at I-30 Speedway Friday night, Mother Nature intervened midway through and put a stop to the track's opening night of 2007.

As the seventh of eight scheduled heats for the Ninth Annual GRT Race Cars Topless Modified Nationals presented by Coca-Cola and Larry Shaw Race Cars hit the track, the skies opened up, drenching the ¼-mile clay oval and ultimately forcing the postponement of the event.

Action will resume on Saturday night at I-30 Speedway with a $1,500-to-win Modified feature event as well as a weekly $1,350-to-win Sprint Car card. Friday night ticket stubs and pit passes will be honored for Saturday's event.

The $7,000-to-win, $700 to-start Ninth Annual GRT Race Cars Topless Modified Nationals presented by Coca-Cola and Larry Shaw Race Cars has been reset for October 5-6, 2007.

Before the rains hit, two-time and defending Topless Modified Nationals champion Tim Crawley topped the opening Modified heat race, with other winners including Robby Arnold, Jeremy Kuykendall, Tennessee's Ben Reed, Dustin "Tater" Hyde and Shawn Blees.

Sprint Cars in the pit area included Michael Craddock, Tim Crawley, Eddie Gallagher, Rusty Gallion, Cody Gardner, Dude Garrett, Terry Gray, Dale Howard, Jan Howard, Josh Howard, Ronny Howard, Jerry Kamer, Calvin McIntyre, Wes Michael, Wade Oliver, Rick Pringle, Zack Pringle, Tommy Snellgrove, Ricky Stenhouse, Jr., defending track champion Justin Sturch, Kenny Taylor, Steven Tiner and Joe Young.

Gates open at 5:00 p.m. Saturday, with racing action firing off at 7:30 p.m.

I-30 Speedway is located seven miles southwest of Little Rock off I-30 Exit 126.

Additional information regarding I-30 Speedway is available at www.i-30speedway.com or by calling the track at 501-455-4567.

Not trying to sound stupid here.. HOWEVER.. This is NOT the same "TOPLESS" race they use to do in Batesville, Arkansas is it?? I think that one was called the "Topless 100"???

Archived