Sailors and Marines Homecoming to San Diego

Desert COP

:D:D:D:D Here it is all, straight from my boss himself! We're out of here officially. :D:D:D:D

:ph34r::ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (Homeward Bound) :ph34r::ph34r:

Subject: Dear Ladies

Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 07:30:41 -0800 (PST)

- - - Carl asked that I pass on this note regarding the home coming. I believe VADM Costello will be sure there are standing flags/an official welcome and I'm going to arrange for beverage and cookies for everyone while we wait since there's no food or beverages available outside of the secured, check-in area of the terminal.

> > I really have appreciated that Heidi DiEugenio arranged monthly outings for those spouses in the area who wanted to get together. Great job, thanks Heidi!

> > I made the assumption early on that everyone was staying in touch with their spouses via e-mail and would contact me, or the command, if needed, and hope my silence was not interpreted as a sign of not caring. Raising a 5-y.o. granddaughter for most of this deployment has presented its own special challenges for me. I hope you all have done well and know you welcome this homecoming perhaps more than any other in the past. A year is an unnaturally long separation. I hope you all have a good reunion followed by some much-needed family time together.

> >

> > Julie Jensen

> >

Dear ESG-3 Families and Friends ~

> > Thanks for both your patience and patriotism as your globe-straddling Sailors and Marines prepare (at long last) to return from our extended deployment overseas. I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of "The Team." They've succeeded in situations where most would have failed utterly. We're nearing the end of our mission off the south end of Iraq , and will soon be coming home to the ones we hold so dear.

> >

> > Currently, we're scheduled to return to Lindbergh Field in San Diego on the 14th of February in two waves. The first wave of people should return on AA Flt 3085 at 5:30pm. The flight is operated by American Eagle and is scheduled to arrive at the Commuter Terminal.

> >

> > The second wave of folks will arrive 45 minutes later on AA Flt 3089 at 6:15pm. The flight is also operated by American Eagle and will also arrive at the Commuter Terminal.

> >

> > We're "trying" to get everyone on the same flight, but that's still a work in progress.

> >

> > Disclaimer: all this might change if British Airways goes on strike (which they're threatening to do) and our flight from Bahrain to London is canceled. If that happens, we'll have to re-book everyone on a different carrier.

> >

> > From the bottom of my heart, thank-you for all the kindnesses you've shown us, the cards, letters, e-mails, packages, cookies, photos.....but most especially the love. I know you've endured many hardships yourselves, as separations like this are never easy. Thanks for being YOU!

> >

> > Hang in there....we're comin'!!!!

> >

> > Semper Fi, MajGen Carl Jensen

• 2 weeks later...

:D Oldtimer,

You'll still have a Desert COP as far as I'm concerned. I still have friends that are over there and I'll stay in touch with them. Our gear should be here in San Diego California by the first week of March, and after we do a turnover and make sure that it's all accounted for, then, I'll be making travel plans to come back to Corpus Christi.

Eddy Ross says he'll have the car ready for me, so I may come out a time or two and make a fool of myself. Who knows how thats going to work out. Never done the dirt thing so it ought to be interesting at the least.

See Ya'll Soon :D

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (Home in the USA) :ph34r:

Archived