The Flying Maniac

MatKam10

Thanks for the compliments and comments guys. My dad and I still enjoy racing at CC as much as my dad did when he started in 78 and when I started in 92. We just like to race hard and have fun. We race each other as hard or harder than we do anybody else. To me, if your not winning, OR not working every week to get to that point, then it is no fun. I have always been very competitive in everything I do, and racing is probably at the top. Don't know how many laps I've made on that track, but each new lap is different to this day. I like to go race other tracks, even like to race the dirt. Unfortunately money has limited how much I can do. I can't complain, though. CC has always been a great track to race on. It doesn't get much more challenging than a tight quarter mile race track. I enjoy all the competition, the more, in my opinion, the better. I cut my teeth at 16 years old racing against some of the best that Corpus has, including my dad, the Heinaman's, Larry Smith, Bruce Beddoe, Chuck Barber, Lawrence Mikulencak, and there were others that when I was learning the ropes, these guys are the ones that handed my A$$ to me. But that is how you learn, and that is what made me better. I won my first track championship at 19 years old and now have 6 championships. I hope that I can help the newer drivers and be that competition they need to get better. I don't want anyone to move out of my way, you stay where your at, and I am going to try like hell to take it away from you! Don't bring up the trophy thing to my wife, she hates them! And little SquirrelMinski, I know you would like to be back out there, too. Why you saying you don't want me to win, why you gotta be like that!

Looking forward to another fun year. When it is all said and done, that is what it is all about. It will be hard for me to run for a 7th. I've got a 5 year old that I need to start grooming. I need to teach him the art of the Luche!!

THE ART OF THE LUCHE . OH HELL .NO MASS . SIX CHAMPIONSHIPS WERE FROM THE ART OF SOME ONE GETTING LUCHED . COULDNT HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY . :lol:

YOU KNOW COME TO THANK OF IT I HAVE NEVER BEEN LUCHED BEFORE . WONDER WHAT ITS LIKE .CAN ANYONE TELL ME ..OR DO I NEED TO GET OUT THERE TO FIND OUT MYSELF .FOR THERE IS NO WAY TO DECRIBE IT .TELL ME THAT AINT TRUE YOU CANT DECRIBE IT ,. PS IS THERE ANY SPECIAL WAY I HAVE TO BE ON THE TRACK TO GET LUCHED . HEAD LINES IF WANT TO GET LUCHED COME OUT TO THE RACES .

I think the two Gregs should feel bad about winning so much.You should give someone else a chance to win sometimes.Maybe you need special rules like add weight or something. :lol:
GB OF ALL THE POEPLE YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN THE LAST PERSON I EVER THOUGHT WOULD SAY THAT ...HOW MANY WINS AND CHAMPIONSHIPS HAVE YOU WON AT CC . SO PUT SOME MORE WEIGHT ON YOUR CAR TOO .LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Luche, you know I want to be out there. It's my time to win. I have the car, but the owner of it i guess got luched one to many times. Heres my luche story....

My dad, John Kaminski, many people know him and some may not like him, was running first the whole feature one night, Luche was in second and Stephens was running in third, the white flag comes out and coming out of turn 2 my dad had the lead, well Luche waited until the apex of 3 and 4 to make his move and ended up winning the race. Gladly to say, my dad finished second, pretty much what everyone is racing for. and believe me, there was a fight at the end of the race, i was glad luche was on our side haha.

You need to let me drive your car once or twice this year luche.

GB, did I sense some sarcasm in that response!!

Slidewayz, funny story. Happened just today. Ryan comes home from kindergarten with a 3 (not good by the way, and doesn't happen very often). Teacher notes that Ryan was good all day until.........5 minutes to go til the bell rings. Time for the kids to get there planners with the teacher's notes for the day. Some kid goes to get in front of Ryan to get his planner first, and guess what happens.........that kid got luched! I guess it's not funny, Ryan got in trouble with his teacher and his parents!

Matt, if we are talking about the same car........I don't know what you would call what that car got, but it was not luched!!!

I think the two Gregs should feel bad about winning so much.You should give someone else a chance to win sometimes.Maybe you need special rules like add weight or something. :lol:

To ALL,

Boots on the ground and we've been relieved. We are now back down south in Bahrain awaiting our C5 Hercules transport to take us all home. That should be on the 14th of February vice April. WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO

Weapons are all stored and I'm happy to say this time around we didn't loose anyone permanently. A few minor things though as attrition has it's norms with accidents.

GB, after reading all this as I have time to now. I find that there is not allot you can do unless you do your homework, and you of all people know that it's takes trial and error. Talking to a few folks that know you, you didn't come out the shoot winning every race and neither did they. After 30 years plus at that track, it must just feel like they're on rails out there. Both the Greg's do it so darn well! They both had there seasons where they weren't in top three. But as a fine wine ages, it just gets better. Those guys have had some pretty tough competition through out the yaers and I hope to see them keep coming out and trying to compete.

The four years that I helped work on them two cars was trying, but it also took allot of dedication from one the best Pit Crew around, and that's Billy Brown. Very meticulous record keeping helps keep track of what works and what don't work. They've even gone over and helped others fix there stuff so they could get back out and race. I've even bought parts for their competitors just to help keep the car count up.

John was a very tough competitor and I'm sure we would all like to see him come out and race again. If I don't put the nuber 35 car on the track this, I'll be back over there in the pits of the Carlucci's. They are truely a great bunch to work with as are the rest of the folks I've known over the years. Anyone ever needs any advice on how to set one up, I'm sure that crew would be willing to give it.

B) Matt, you can say what you want, but the two Greg's have been doing this for over 45 years combined between the two of them, and that kind of experience is very tough to beat no matter what you think about their driving. Come on out this year, and I'll be a rookie with you and see how that works out. I'm willing to try as many before me have, and if I'm not good enough to compete, I'll park it and help someone else work on theirs. You have a very experienced person behind you as well (John) to help you hone your skills, and I'm sure you'll kick it out there. Good luck and I'll see ya'll at least by mid April. B)

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (On the Way Home and Humbled by the Topic) :ph34r:

We have troops that are now doing the patrols we once did. No more close calls and we have extended our distance from the big city goings on. That place is very unpredictable and I'm glad to be gone. When I fisrt walked around without those 24lb sappy plates(flaq vest inserts), and the 60lb back pack I thought I had been drinking and was unfairly cheated out of the buzz. Once my equalibreum adjusted to being 86 lbs lighter, I'm doing pretty good now. We are all now south of Saudi Arabia on a little island called Bahrain. Fairly safe and no lead flying down range, so I guess the answer is yes, we are safer, but not out of the woods yet. This extra troop call up has my troops very concerned and they're asking for volunteers, and "Hell No", I ain't going back unless they force me to. Yeehaa, eastbound and down, loaded up and almost truckin" brother. First adult beverage tonight in a long time, and I'm sure that it's going to be a long night for all of us. See ya'll real soon.

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (Homeward Bound) :ph34r:

Thanks Dennis for such a great compliment on my pops. I've been watching him since i was about 2 months old and everyday I pray that one day I can have the skills in a race car like he does. He is an awesome driver and a great dad too. Maybe one day me and him can become something like the Gregs. But the only thing we cant do is luche someone, any suggestions on something we need to work on, maybe minsk you. haha. oh well enough with this thinking thing. youll know when we are behind you haha.

Archived