Randy Larsen leaves the driver seat in 2007!

Randy Larsen

O.K., before the questions start to fly,I will not be racing in 2007,for several personal reasons, I have to step back and become a sponsor,tech official,or pit crew guy from here on out,It is a sad decision for me as well and believe me no one feels worse about this.I have sold the #53 Herbie to the Meeks Motorsports Team and wish them all the best luck in the world as the car has served me well.The car is to be repainted there team colors of blue and yellow and be sure and keep an eye on them as they have a good crew and will be a force to be delt with,I will attend every race that I am not on duty at my job,and will always remain a sponsor and supporter of the Texas Pro Sedans......................Randy

MAN THAT IS JUST TO SAD .WE WERE REALLY WANTING TO RACE YOU THIS YEAR .NOW THERE IS A DARK CLOULD HAINGING OVER US .JESSIE AND IHAVE TALKED A FEW TIMES OFF SEASON ABOUT YOU AND WAS LOOKING FORWARD . I KNOW THAT IT IS HARD TO HAVE TO GIVE UP THE SEAT .IT WAS FOR ME WHEN I HAD TWO CARS GOING .BUT THE BRIGHT SIDE WAS .I CAN WORK ON THEM .SO THAT MADE IT EASIER ON ME .REALLY SORRY FOR YOU .SO ATLIEST WE WILL HAVE YOU TRYING TO FIND SOMETHING WRONG WITH OUR CAR .PS YOU.LL HAVE TO LOOK HARD .I FEEL LIKE IM LOOSEN A GOOD FRIEND .

Randy, when I started watching you race, you were driving the little red ghia. I used to enjoy watching you maneuver that little machine through traffic. Since Herbie hit the track, I've also enjoyed watching you pilot that car. No offense to the other bugs, but that one just seems to be on a different level. Best of luck to you in the future.

Hey Randy if your in corpus on any sat. this year maybe you can show me how to race my bug the right way you race it I watch. :blink:

p.s. you always have a bug to race down here

LOL THATS THE WAY TO GET HIM TO HELP YOU .CANT BEAT EM JOIN THEM .

I am officially on record as saying that Meek Motorsports and Larsen's Porch Racing Motors reach an agreement allowing the Herbie paint job to remain in place. TPS just ain't the same w/o Herbie.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM RUN THAT NUMBER THIS YEAR .

Well, one of the agreements with me selling the bug was that the Meeks Team repaint the car as their team colors blue and yellow,but I guess if there is a large enough vote to keep the car as "Herbie" its fine with me.The Meeks Team will be picking the car up today and at that point it will be up to them as to how the car looks in 2007,so I guess everyone should be campaigning to them to keep good ole "Herbie" a Texas Pro Sedan favorite :) ...............................Randy

Well, one of the agreements with me selling the bug was that the Meeks Team repaint the car as their team colors blue and yellow,but I guess if there is a large enough vote to keep the car as "Herbie" its fine with me.The Meeks Team will be picking the car up today and at that point it will be up to them as to how the car looks in 2007,so I guess everyone should be campaigning to them to keep good ole "Herbie" a Texas Pro Sedan favorite :) ...............................Randy

I VOTE FOR IT .FOR ONE SEASON . BUT I ALSO KNOW IF IT STAYED THAT WAY .IT WOULD BE HARDER ON YOU ,

I vote to keep it as HERBIE!!!!

All the kids know of Herbie from the movies and I think its great for the kids..... I know my duaghter loved that car.... :) Even my 3 year old knew it the first time he was able to see it at the track.... :)

VOTE YES TO KEEP IT AS HERBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also,they will have a big firesuit to fill as this has been the fastest aircooled since I finished the car last year,so John (Tps55) is gonna have to get ready for the ride of his life,if they keep the car,engine combo together I believe the team will be tough as John is a great driver and doesn't mind keeping his foot to the firewall..................Randy

I NOTICE TPS 55 IS LOOKING .

TPS 55 LOOK AT THE VEDIO ON THE FLIPPER THREAD . YOULL SEE THE REAL 55 .THAT WE RAN ... GB JAIME .GARY .PAPPY . THOMAS . JAIMES LEE .

Also,they will have a big firesuit to fill as this has been the fastest aircooled since I finished the car last year,so John (Tps55) is gonna have to get ready for the ride of his life,if they keep the car,engine combo together I believe the team will be tough as John is a great driver and doesn't mind keeping his foot to the firewall..................Randy

THATS SCARY . HE HASNT HAD THAT MUCH POWER BEFORE .ID SAY HE WOULD BE THE ONE WHO LANDS ON THE FREEWAY AT KYLE .LOL .HERBIE WILL MAKE HIM GIVE RESPECT . GOOD LUCK .

WELL RANDY YOU WOULD THINK WE LIKED YOU .NAH .ITS THE CAR .THE CAR YOU UNDERSTAND .. NAH I CANT BE THAT MEAN . WE LIKE YOU .IF IT WAS ME SELLING A CAR I DRIVE THEY WOULD HAVE A GOODBY PARTY WITH OUT ME . :D

I THINK NEIL SHOULD MAKE IT A RULE THAT FOR THIS YEAR .THEY HAVE TO RACE IT AS HERBIE . :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived