Drifting vs. Late Model Racing

debwill

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're not going to be taken seriously on this board if you continue to make sense. :D

if he's not careful the principal will be calling him....

ok, seriously.... Drifting has it's place, but that straightliner venue out there on I-10 sure stays busy... We just sold another two cars and maybe a third this weekend... that makes four for january that have been recycled back in the mix. I may even have my Coupe sold. so make that 5....

One of the things that seems to be a common thread is adapting to change. Unfortuntately when changes are made they are mostly a mystery, only known by the track promoters/sanction and the groupy racers that are always hanging on their pants legs. If the promoters/sanctions would advertise their changes to the racers and have a reasonable explanation why they changed then there would alot more cooperation between the two factions. Unfortunately up to now the changes have been monkey see monkey do, and if their was any discussion it was with the groupies. A good point was made by the track owner in california, he was explaining that is was good business to make his changes, so that he could keep his doors open. It seems track promotion in this day and time is like guerrilla warfare, adapt to your environment or die. Unfortunately, we in Texas seem to be dealing more with the ego's and look at me attitudes rather than I don't care whose idea it is, lets go racing and make a buck. How much time are they spending making themselves look good in latemodel digest and other rags, rather than setting down and saying how do I grasp the most racers and keep them happy. If that time was well spent, the rest will come.

Archived