Kennedale Spwy. Park reopening in 2007

rebelracewriter

For Immediate Release/Your Information Dec. 14, 2006

From Bill Martin, IMCA Public Relations 319 472-2201, x225

Kennedale Speedway Park plans

generating plenty of interest, calls

KENNEDALE, Texas (Dec. 14) – New promoter Richard Snider doesn’t need to scan internet forums to gauge interest in Kennedale Speedway Park.

All he has to do is keep answering all the phone calls from drivers making plans for next season.

The ¼ mile dirt track, now owned by Jerry Bransom, is set to reopen Saturday, March 17. Points races for IMCA sanctioned Modifieds, Jeff’s Performance Southern SportMods, Stock Cars and Hobby Stocks will continue through Sept. 22.

“I think the whole racing community in the area is looking forward to this,” Snider said. “I’ve been involved in racing for a long time and I’ve never seen the amount of interest. Everybody is excited about this.”

“This is one of the nicest tracks around, event though it’s been closed for a while,” he added. “We’ve got a crew in here now doing landscaping and cleaning up the grounds, and we’ll have everything painted before the first night.”

The Modifieds, Stocks and Hobbies ran at Kennedale through 2004; all four IMCA divisions were on weekly programs for an abbreviated season the next year.

“We don’t have any early season specials planned now,” said Snider “We’ll open with our regular show and maybe schedule one or two specials later in the season.”

Kennedale will return to IMCA’s SuperFlow South Central Region for Modifieds and Destroyer Chassis Southern Region for Stock Cars.

Archived